"Wise" rod holders.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just wondering if anyone is useing these and what they think of them? You can get a two pack for twenty dollars at Scheels vs the $25 for one of the "Scotts" brand that I had on my old boat that I really liked. Then Scotts wants another's $11 for the rail mount adapter that I'll need. That $35 into a rod holder. Just checking to see if it worth it to save a few buck and go the "Wise" route.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got 2 of them in the mail today. Seem a little flimsy but will work for my intended purpose of holding bobber rods.

I got the 2 pack for 18 bucks on amazon by the way

Last edited:

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought the cabelas branded Scott's, little cheaper if you buy the four pack. If you go that route I'll make you a deal on the rail mounts i have.

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member
I second the Cabelas brand holders. I purchased them about a month ago for $52 for a 4 pack. That includes the mounts. They are made by Scotty and Scotty brand accessories work with. I purchased Scotty brand extenders and they fit perfect. I had the Wise brand before I bought the Cabelas models. I wanted extenders and couldn't find any that fit the Wise brand. Decided it was just easier to replace them and decided to go with the Cabelas 360HT. They are a LOT more heavy duty then the Wise brand. It looks like they are still on sale: http://www.cabelas.com/product/fish...uts?destination=/catalog/browse.cmd?N=1100400

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those Cabelas rod holders are nice at a good price. The $11 for shipping though is a little hard to stomach. I must be getting cheap in my middle age.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use rod holders for cranking for the most part. Have tried several brands but keep putting Original Ramm's back on. Nothing beats them for pulling cranks.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
No sales tax if ordering from cabelas not going save $11 but lessons the shipping cost a little, or convince a buddy or someone else they need a pack of these holders and get free shipping for orders over $99.
I am sure you need some other stuff for fishing to get your order up $99:cool:

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the ram rod 2000's the only thing I'm not a fan of is the spline system doesn't let me rotate my rods to the exact angle I want some times. If you get the ball mount ram holders you have better range of motion, the spline system works and it is only about 5 times a year when I seem to really want that little bit of a different angle.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the ram rod 2000's the only thing I'm not a fan of is the spline system doesn't let me rotate my rods to the exact angle I want some times. If you get the ball mount ram holders you have better range of motion, the spline system works and it is only about 5 times a year when I seem to really want that little bit of a different angle.
I've always thought about trying those but was afraid that pulling big cranks and having big fish hit they would spin.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've always thought about trying those but was afraid that pulling big cranks and having big fish hit they would spin.

very possible, I had not thought about that. I have a ram spot light and it doesn't seem to move around when I'm driving and it is on their ball mount system, how ever that is not a 14 lb northern on the end of 200' of line either

Apres

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 2 2 packs so four of them and really like them for the price use them them for cranks bbouncers dead stick jig dragging etc they are a little more bulky then other holders but. Are worth having if you dont have any already

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34