Your Ice Fishing Invention's and Improvements

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_20221031_161411.jpg
We need to see way more pictures of this.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy crap that's amazing riverview you definitely need to start a new thread and gives us a grand tour.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
The more I ice fish,I’ve come to the conclusion that simple is better. Used to have an ice castle and while it was nice, I’ve moved to a simple flip over and my 01 grand Cherokee. A total of maybe $5000 worth of equipment with everything. Having side by sides with tracks worth $30,000 and havin* to pull them behind a pickup and trailer worth another butt load. Not for me.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
kind of messy inside, still have to paint the interior this fall. the factory fuel tank is under the plywood box.

220swift

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing fancy. I was too cheap to spend the cash on a prefabricated topper so I built one. A few sheets of plywood and some 2x4s, then use herculiner on the outside for protection. Ran some LEDs inside and out which made it a lot easier to pack up in the dark.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
looks good. fwiw: you's a probably gonna need more than that bungee strap or string to keep that shit from falling off that shelf.

220swift

Founding Member
Founding Member
looks good. fwiw: you's a probably gonna need more than that bungee strap or string to keep that shit from falling off that shelf.
Yeah, that was just temporary to get me through a Devils Lake trip last year. I’ve got a few more things that still need to be added and changed

HUNTFISHND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing fancy. I was too cheap to spend the cash on a prefabricated topper so I built one. A few sheets of plywood and some 2x4s, then use herculiner on the outside for protection. Ran some LEDs inside and out which made it a lot easier to pack up in the dark.
Do you recall how much of the herculiner you went through to cover the outside? Wouldn't mind doing that to my homemade one too.

220swift

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like the white interior. I bet that helps to see. Did you go treated? I have a defender coming and plan to build a topper. Any other tips, suggestions, or things you would/wouldn't do?
The white does help a bunch. It was some exterior stain I had left over. I didn’t use treated wood. With bed liner for the outside I figured it would keep any water from soaking in. I do wish I could have raised the shelf up a bit higher so my big buddy heater would fit underneath. But I’m not exactly tall so it’s already hard enough for me to reach the back. I will be changing out the small door latches for some larger ones. They are a pain in the ass to open with gloves on. Other then that I like it so far but it is still a work in progress.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am curious 220 why you didn't buy or build your own auger mount, there are different kinds of mounts that would work well with you auger freeing up more space in the back. Which is awesome work by the way

220swift

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am curious 220 why you didn't buy or build your own auger mount, there are different kinds of mounts that would work well with you auger freeing up more space in the back. Which is awesome work by the way
Since I live in town I wanted to be able to leave everything inside, out of the elements and locked up. I’m tired of packing and unpacking everything before and after each trip. I think I have come up with an idea that will enable me to lock both the tailgate and the topper without drilling any holes in my ranger. Since the topper is made of wood it can be broken into a little easier but it will at least deter a lazy thief.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since I live in town I wanted to be able to leave everything inside, out of the elements and locked up. I’m tired of packing and unpacking everything before and after each trip. I think I have come up with an idea that will enable me to lock both the tailgate and the topper without drilling any holes in my ranger. Since the topper is made of wood it can be broken into a little easier but it will at least deter a lazy thief.
That's a good call.out of site out of mind

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93