Bismarck roads and driving

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have to read anything, This topic is about improving traffic flow and you are one of those pricks we are talking about who will slow traffic down for no reason and shoot someone who confronts you for being stupid. Your second amendment isn't a right to stupidity. I'll save you some prison time grasshopper, pay attention, If you are intentionally holding up traffic , and someone gets out of their car to get you to move and you shoot them, you will end up in prison and I'll have to support your dumb ass . Let that soak in.

Greenhorn

Honored Member
I have been told that we can thank tree huggers for Washington only being 2 lanes going past cathedral district. They apparently had plans to widen it, but the environmentalists didn’t want them to cut down the big cottonwoods lining the road.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been told that we can thank tree huggers for Washington only being 2 lanes going past cathedral district. They apparently had plans to widen it, but the environmentalists didn’t want them to cut down the big cottonwoods lining the road.
Sounds about right.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's not a major N/S road in Bismarck that wouldn't lose some history by being widened to 4-lanes. Washington, 3rd, 4th, 12th, 16th, 19th, 26th. 7th and 9th could both use 1-2 more lanes as well. All of those are going to cost some history and some folks are going to have to sell and move, or lose a significant portion of their front yard/driveway.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have to read anything, This topic is about improving traffic flow and you are one of those pricks we are talking about who will slow traffic down for no reason and shoot someone who confronts you for being stupid. Your second amendment isn't a right to stupidity. I'll save you some prison time grasshopper, pay attention, If you are intentionally holding up traffic , and someone gets out of their car to get you to move and you shoot them, you will end up in prison and I'll have to support your dumb ass . Let that soak in.
You need to go back and read what you posted. your post was promoting road rage

That's just plain stupid. If you would really do that , then I hope you do it to the wrong guy and he gets out and slaps you silly.
2nd amendment trumps assault. You might want to know who you are road raging against.

the post above clearly shows one promotes assault and physical violence while the other promotes self defense.

If you get out of your vehicle and start beating on them I bet 9 out of 10 CC guys on this site would use their weapon in self defense.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...hed-him-during-road-rage-incident/ar-AA1lV5Kw

I will save you some blood loss and pain -
ND is a stand your ground state. Don't assault ppl, probably won't get shot.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would just sit there through the light if someone honked at me.
It's easy to spot when someone is on their phone while at a light. Look in their side and rear view mirrors and watch their head as they glance up and down. If someone's obviously on their phone and not moving when the light turns, I'm honking.

Same goes for someone engrossed in conversation w/a passenger and very obviously not looking @ the light/road. Or, folks who decide that the red light is suddenly time to re-arrange their interior and are leaned over so they CAN'T see the light/road.

It's not necessarily that MY particular reason for travel is more important than whatever you're doing that's causing you to not pay attention to the road/lights. However, the reason for travel of the 2, 3, 5, 10+ cars behind you collectively ARE more important than your text, tweet, or finding your favorite song on iTunes before you get going.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bismarck traffic is terrible. My biggest pet peeve lately is when the light to go straight turns green and there's still 2 to 3 people turning from the turning lane.
That is the fault of those who set the timing of the lights. Many turn lights in town only stay green for a few seconds which doesn't allow enough time for those that are turning.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
@ obi-wan Your a shitty driver who wants to argue for the sake of arguing. I could entertain myself with your stupidity but I'll pass and let the thread stay on topic.
I've been living and driving in Bismarck for 40 yrs all while accident free, but ya I am the shitty driver.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would just turn down my hearing aids lay on the horn and wait for the light to turn green again.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
You do know that sitting through a green light is illegal right..unless unsafe to go(impeding traffic/reckless).Lots of dash cams around and can be used against you. It also speaks loudly as to who you are as a person. You violate a law (cause they don’t usually apply to you)buy being on your phone or whatever the reason is for you to be honked at then if they do honk at you to get your attention to move on you make it worse and will sit there through the light because you of course didn’t do anything wrong right? I have met many people in my day like you..usually big tough talker until shit goes down and then run or play the it wasn’t me excuse…remember cameras are everywhere.
YUP ^^^^This^^^ Might have to pop the clutch on an ASSHOLE that does that.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yet you did respond. Read the ND century code regarding use of a car horn. https://ndlegis.gov/cencode/t39c21.pdf. 39-21-36
9-21-36. Horn and warning device. 1. While being operated upon a highway, every motor vehicle must be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than two hundred feet [60.96 meters], but no horn or other warning device may emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound or a whistle. Whenever reasonably necessary for safe operation, the driver of a motor vehicle upon a highway shall give audible warning with the vehicle's horn, but may not otherwise use the vehicle's horn while upon a highway.

It sounds to me that if you're sitting a green light for whatever reason, You can be honked at.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You do know that sitting through a green light is illegal right..unless unsafe to go(impeding traffic/reckless).Lots of dash cams around and can be used against you. It also speaks loudly as to who you are as a person. You violate a law (cause they don’t usually apply to you)buy being on your phone or whatever the reason is for you to be honked at then if they do honk at you to get your attention to move on you make it worse and will sit there through the light because you of course didn’t do anything wrong right? I have met many people in my day like you..usually big tough talker until shit goes down and then run or play the it wasn’t me excuse…remember cameras are everywhere.
You do realize honking your horn at a car failing to proceed immediately is illegal. also an excessive loud horn is also illegal. Do these laws apply to you or do you chose to ignore them and do as you please?

39-21-36. Horn and warning device.
1. 2. 3. 4. While being operated upon a highway, every motor vehicle must be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than two hundred feet [60.96 meters], but no horn or other warning device may emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound or a whistle. Whenever reasonably necessary for safe operation, the driver of a motor vehicle upon a highway shall give audible warning with the vehicle's horn, but may not otherwise use the vehicle's horn while upon a highway. No vehicle may be equipped with nor may any person use upon a vehicle any siren, whistle, or bell, except as otherwise permitted in this section. Any vehicle may be equipped with a theft alarm signal device which is so arranged that it cannot be used by the driver as an ordinary warning signal. Any authorized emergency vehicle may be equipped with a siren, whistle, or bell, capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less Page No. 12than five hundred feet [152.4 meters] and of a type approved by the department, but the siren may not be used except when the vehicle is operated in response to an emergency call or in the immediate pursuit of an actual or suspected violator of the law, in which events the driver of the vehicle shall sound the siren when reasonably necessary to warn pedestrians and other drivers of approaching vehicles.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
9-21-36. Horn and warning device. 1. While being operated upon a highway, every motor vehicle must be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than two hundred feet [60.96 meters], but no horn or other warning device may emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound or a whistle. Whenever reasonably necessary for safe operation, the driver of a motor vehicle upon a highway shall give audible warning with the vehicle's horn, but may not otherwise use the vehicle's horn while upon a highway.

It sounds to me that if you're sitting a green light for whatever reason, You can be honked at.
FOR SAFE OPERARTION Does a delayed start at a light cause a safety hazard ?

You seemed to ingore the next sentence

but may not otherwise use the vehicle's horn while upon a highway.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm gonna completely lay on the horn if I see someone texting behind the wheel and spacing out at a stoplight.
Maybe even get the plate number and report that to 911, driver impaired. They can spend a little time explaining to an officer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49