Bismarck roads and driving

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
FOR SAFE OPERARTION Does a delayed start at a light cause a safety hazard ?

You seemed to ingore the next sentence

but may not otherwise use the vehicle's horn while upon a highway.
True fucking liberal

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
FOR SAFE OPERARTION Does a delayed start at a light cause a safety hazard ?

You seemed to ingore the next sentence

but may not otherwise use the vehicle's horn while upon a highway.
YES!! VERY MUCH SO!! You have traffic coming from behind you and eventually they could rear end stopped traffic as THE LIGHT IS GREEN!!

Anyone who sits at a green light, on purpose to INTENTIONALLY STALL TRAFFIC is Asshole sunofbitch cksucker mfucker no good two timing fart sniffing whinny bitch Asshole prickdick low life piece of monkey shit, THAT NEEDS TO BE HONKED AT!!! I'd argue you could use force to remove the obstacle just like they do to protesters blocking the roads, which is what you're doing. Honking at parked car at green light would be perfect example at when to it would be legal to honk!!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm gonna completely lay on the horn if I see someone texting behind the wheel and spacing out at a stoplight.
Maybe even get the plate number and report that to 911, driver impaired. They can spend a little time explaining to an officer.
AND IT'S PERFECTLY LEGAL TO DO SO!!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been told that we can thank tree huggers for Washington only being 2 lanes going past cathedral district. They apparently had plans to widen it, but the environmentalists didn’t want them to cut down the big cottonwoods lining the road.
While they may also be environmentalists in the sense of the ones we may not like (because really, don't we all love a clean environment?)...anyway, the Washington Street shitshow is due to the History buffs. Those trees were deemed historical in the Cathedral District. In the early 2000s, I lived up north and used Washington as my daily commute, it sucked. Today is really not much better. Anyway, it was big news back in the day for the whole time it was fought over.

The real problem with Bismarck is that it seems like every time someone new moves to Bismarck, the city planners just throw their hands up in the air and say "yep, that's the last one we let in, so no need to plan for a future with more people". Seriously, the haphazard way at which Bismarck expands just drives me nuts.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personally, I think the historic part of town and the trees should be saved! I'm not a tree hugger but those old big trees are irreplaceable.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personally, I think the historic part of town and the trees should be saved! I'm not a tree hugger but those old big trees are irreplaceable.

I get the love of trees, seriously...I probably have more than most on here. But to call a tree "historically protected" is a farce just because of its age/size. I wanna know who was hanged from it before I can get behind it being historically significant enough to thwart progress. There are essentially 3 ways to get into town if you live north or northwest of Bismark. River Road, Washington Street, or travelling over to Highway 83/State Street. None of which are being expanded/improved to help accommodate the increased population up north of town.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Almost all of West Fargo is new construction and theres still no real flow to the traffic unless you get on the interstate. Anyone who drives frequently in Both Bismarck and Fargo during rush hour care to give a comparison ?

Average_NDA_Member

I can't believe @Average_NDA_Member hasn't weighed in on this dumpster fire of a thread.
Hmmm nope no need my friend everything I was going to say obiwan beat me to it I’ll just say again you honk at me cuz im takin my time that’s assault and I’m blastin also 200 year old trees are for libs cut em down and burn em eminent domain those yards and make a 6 lane road I need to get to where im goin faster except when I’m takin my time

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
You do realize honking your horn at a car failing to proceed immediately is illegal. also an excessive loud horn is also illegal. Do these laws apply to you or do you chose to ignore them and do as you please?

39-21-36. Horn and warning device.
1. 2. 3. 4. While being operated upon a highway, every motor vehicle must be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than two hundred feet [60.96 meters], but no horn or other warning device may emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound or a whistle. Whenever reasonably necessary for safe operation, the driver of a motor vehicle upon a highway shall give audible warning with the vehicle's horn, but may not otherwise use the vehicle's horn while upon a highway. No vehicle may be equipped with nor may any person use upon a vehicle any siren, whistle, or bell, except as otherwise permitted in this section. Any vehicle may be equipped with a theft alarm signal device which is so arranged that it cannot be used by the driver as an ordinary warning signal. Any authorized emergency vehicle may be equipped with a siren, whistle, or bell, capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less Page No. 12than five hundred feet [152.4 meters] and of a type approved by the department, but the siren may not be used except when the vehicle is operated in response to an emergency call or in the immediate pursuit of an actual or suspected violator of the law, in which events the driver of the vehicle shall sound the siren when reasonably necessary to warn pedestrians and other drivers of approaching vehicles.
You should have been a lawyer instead of a know-it-all.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Almost all of West Fargo is new construction and theres still no real flow to the traffic unless you get on the interstate. Anyone who drives frequently in Both Bismarck and Fargo during rush hour care to give a comparison ?
Haven’t spent a ton of time in Fargo but the times I have it seems during peak travel the arterial routes have green lights longer so you can make bigger stretches without stopping

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven’t spent a ton of time in Fargo but the times I have it seems during peak travel the arterial routes have green lights longer so you can make bigger stretches without stopping
It’s liberal progressive thinking.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You goat-roping hicks out west need to get your #### together before I retire out that way.

Make sure you check to see how loud the horn is when test driving your new retirement vehicle, there might be an upgrade available.

On the topic of horns , who ever signed the OK that vehicles should/could honk when you lock the doors with the fob wasn't thinking.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You do realize honking your horn at a car failing to proceed immediately is illegal. also an excessive loud horn is also illegal. Do these laws apply to you or do you chose to ignore them and do as you please?

39-21-36. Horn and warning device.
1. 2. 3. 4. While being operated upon a highway, every motor vehicle must be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than two hundred feet [60.96 meters], but no horn or other warning device may emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound or a whistle. Whenever reasonably necessary for safe operation, the driver of a motor vehicle upon a highway shall give audible warning with the vehicle's horn, but may not otherwise use the vehicle's horn while upon a highway. No vehicle may be equipped with nor may any person use upon a vehicle any siren, whistle, or bell, except as otherwise permitted in this section. Any vehicle may be equipped with a theft alarm signal device which is so arranged that it cannot be used by the driver as an ordinary warning signal. Any authorized emergency vehicle may be equipped with a siren, whistle, or bell, capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less Page No. 12than five hundred feet [152.4 meters] and of a type approved by the department, but the siren may not be used except when the vehicle is operated in response to an emergency call or in the immediate pursuit of an actual or suspected violator of the law, in which events the driver of the vehicle shall sound the siren when reasonably necessary to warn pedestrians and other drivers of approaching vehicles.
Lol read your post and the law again..like I said in my post laws don't apply to you. I can't imagine someone honking the horn like a drag race taking place. Talk to a law enforcement officer avout this..I have and yes if on the phone and light turns green it is Reasonable to sound the horn...this is some funny shit right here. You are arguing that it's basically ok to be on a phone sit at a light and shouldn't get the horn. After you talk with a law enforcement officer..which I have. Let me know what they say.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm gonna completely lay on the horn if I see someone texting behind the wheel and spacing out at a stoplight.
Maybe even get the plate number and report that to 911, driver impaired. They can spend a little time explaining to an officer.
Right because it's reasonable to sound the horn due to a safety concern..unless your obi..laws don't apply to people like him..

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 120
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49