Iditarod Scandal with Dallas Seavey

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me thinks PETA is involved in some manner. They are known to constantly criticize the treatment of sled dogs, well pretty much ANY animal. It would be a total shock to me if he knowingly did this as he pretty much prepares for a race like no other, both his own body and his team of dogs. I am sure he would be the first to say that the dogs are the true world class athletes and he is just along for the ride.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess one has to ask themselves how the dogs tested positive then.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sabotage most likely. Dogs and mushers are not together 100% of the time during the race....ie..when musher takes his mandatory 24 hour rest, he or she, will most likely be inside a cabin or lodge getting some much needed rest. I think security(from Iditarod Committee volunteers) has a lot to be desired concerning times when they are apart...as far as persons approaching dogs etc.
I think they mandatory drug test the top 20 dog teams each year so something isn't passing the smell test here.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
In reading several articles it does sound like sabotage. Think the only dogs that tested positive are ones he dropped. None others did. I agree PETA. However, what is the big deal with this drug/med? It is suppose to help an animal with arthritis. They prefer and animal suffer? It's not an anobolic steroid,its a pain/inflammation reducer.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe the dog just ate a poppy seed muffin. Sounds kind of fishy. If he dropped the dogs why wouldn't he be able to give them medicine? I find it hard to believe a sled dog team hopped up on opiates would be worth a shit anyway.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need an BS FLAG imoticon or whatever you call them things. I don't buy it. This race is about prestige and bragging rights about ones dog team. Not very many mushers out there willing to endure this race and I have trouble believing any musher would cheat. What's the point???? I don't see any dog food sponsors dropping millions on the winner!!!

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard he was using a hybrid Labrador on his sled
chocolate-lab-black-lab-yellow-lab-meth-lab-13029099.png

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need an BS FLAG imoticon or whatever you call them things. I don't buy it. This race is about prestige and bragging rights about ones dog team. Not very many mushers out there willing to endure this race and I have trouble believing any musher would cheat. What's the point???? I don't see any dog food sponsors dropping millions on the winner!!!

First place gets $75k and a new truck, not to mention sponsorship etc. Anytime there is a prize there will be people willing to cheat. Hell people cheat over a $500 fishing tourny. I have no idea if this musher did cheat or not, but i think mushers doping dogs would be a very real possibility.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
First place gets $75k and a new truck, not to mention sponsorship etc. Anytime there is a prize there will be people willing to cheat. Hell people cheat over a $500 fishing tourny. I have no idea if this musher did cheat or not, but i think mushers doping dogs would be a very real possibility.

Well OK then. Color me WRONG on this one!! I guess there IS a couple reasons mushers might want to cheat. Shame if this turns out to be true.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure an opiate pain med would enhance much performance. I know I avoid them like the plague unless things are really bad because a person is pretty much useless on those things.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody want a good book to read? Read "Born to Mush" by Dallas Seavey. Excellent Read!!! You may not put it down until you finish it!
I am in Dallas' corner on this so called scandal. I am biased though. Although I have never met Dallas, I have met his dad Mitch, who is a cousin of my better half. Went up there a few years ago.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure how anyone would believe he doped his own dogs knowing full well they were going to be tested above and beyond the required testing. That's laughable. Somebody is trying to screw him over.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82