sugar bear/ sugar glider

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
so they were selling these little flying squirrel looking things at the show at the dome this weekend, and of course my fiance fell in love with them and now wants one so has been doing all sorts of research on them as a pet... anyone else on here have any sort of experience with these guys as pets?

sparetire

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've heard of them, but not much more than that. Your question piqued my interest. What I read on http://www.sugargliderinfo.org makes them sound like pretty cool little pets, but then it's a site made by people who sell them.
I might be bothered by the fact that they apparently always want to be in the pocket of their human (I wouldn't want the little guy to see everything I look at online). I'd also be worried about inadvertently stepping on the little thing.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had two and couldn't wait to get rid of them. My kids saw them in the mall also and wanted them. We actually got them free from friends who didn't want them. I didn't like them because they would bite when you grabbed them and they pooped on you or on other things. Sure you can take the time to train them not to bite and to poop before you pick them up, but it's a pain in the butt to do that. In addition their cages smell. Don't let anybody tell you different. If you still want to get them, don't get them from the mall. You can get them at pet shops for much less money. You can also find them on Bisman from people who had same problems as us.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy had two and when the kids were out of town he but them on bisman for free. He laughed he got a response before his screen even had a chance to refresh!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, my kids wanted one too. Luckily I stood my ground. They're cute, and that's about it. They smell God-awful, are sort of loud, and if you have more than one, they want nothing to do with humans. I also would assume that they're pretty fragile.

Hamsters are just as cute, and are far easier to keep.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ex girlfriend and I bought two while we were in college, we named them Soggybottoms and Sassypants during a night of drinking. From what I remember they were noisy at night and their cage smelled but other than that they were alright; like to be held tightly (common for marsupials) and would poop on you periodically.

We ended up breaking up a month or two after we bought them so my experience with them is pretty limited. I don't think she kept them around much longer though, probably associated them with her d-bag ex bf.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
so they were selling these little flying squirrel looking things at the show at the dome this weekend, and of course my fiance fell in love with them and now wants one so has been doing all sorts of research on them as a pet... anyone else on here have any sort of experience with these guys as pets?

Let me get this straight.........you went to the Sportsmans show.....full of hunting/fishing items and adventures and you came away from there wanting a little flying squirell................ Turn in your man card!!!! :;:

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
haha.. they had these damn things right in front of you to pet and everything, and my fiance is the one who wants one not me.. im just the one that has to figure out how to train the damn thing... no i saw a lot of boats and campers that i would consider robbing a bank for, but when you are looking at boats and campers that cost more than your house, you are probably looking at the wrong stuff....

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how they would work for, say like shooting skeet, only live "clay pigeons"!:;:stirthepot ;:;rofl ;:;boozer

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your not even married yet, and your going to make her MAD. ;:;badidea This is her:mad:, and this is you ;:;banghead. Glad I'm not in your shoes.:;:smokin

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think saying no to a woman should lay a good ground work for future life experience. You learn a lot about your woman, and if she is the "one" in these dating stages, and if she is upset with a joint decision not going her way, that is a big tell.

#husbandsvoicesmatter

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
arrowdem; essentially saying if i get one it will be a pain in my ass...[/QUOTE said:
You might want to start out with a smaller gerbil . And keeps his nails trimmed ! Least that is what Richard Gere said >;:;popcorn

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
i thought it would be neat if it could go outside with you and glide around the yard or something, but i suppose the damn thing would never come back again after that and then i would really be in trouble.....

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
$8.95
yhst-6175796731380_2266_34163893

SERIOUSLY
http://www.exoticnutrition.com/r0011.html

- - - Updated - - -

tie that harness onto a trolling rod and you're set

- - - Updated - - -

pics please

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well this thread at least prepared me for the potential for this situation in my household, ha ha.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 43
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15