What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
2 dead Bismarck shooting
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Allen" data-source="post: 382969" data-attributes="member: 389"><p>When I was in the Corps, I spent some time in Anniston, Alabama. There was a pretty large place with 4 or 5 bars in it called DeeFords (sp?). Anyway, to get in the place they had a group of bouncers (including one of the most physically intimidating women I've ever met) pat you down before you could enter on a busy weekend. If you were carrying a gun or knife, they would take it from you and tag it with your name so you could get it on your way back out the door. This was back in the late 80s. </p><p></p><p>One can usually distinguish between the higher and lower risk venues with even the slightest of efforts. I've only been to the Elbow Room maybe 10 times in the 20 years I've lived here. And the last time was probably over a year ago, not because I felt unsafe, it just wasn't the atmosphere I enjoy nowadays.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Allen, post: 382969, member: 389"] When I was in the Corps, I spent some time in Anniston, Alabama. There was a pretty large place with 4 or 5 bars in it called DeeFords (sp?). Anyway, to get in the place they had a group of bouncers (including one of the most physically intimidating women I've ever met) pat you down before you could enter on a busy weekend. If you were carrying a gun or knife, they would take it from you and tag it with your name so you could get it on your way back out the door. This was back in the late 80s. One can usually distinguish between the higher and lower risk venues with even the slightest of efforts. I've only been to the Elbow Room maybe 10 times in the 20 years I've lived here. And the last time was probably over a year ago, not because I felt unsafe, it just wasn't the atmosphere I enjoy nowadays. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
2 dead Bismarck shooting
Top
Bottom