What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
5th Wheel Hitch
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="JayKay" data-source="post: 300848" data-attributes="member: 324"><p>Recently sold my small pop-up camper, and am looking to purchase a used 5th Wheel unit. My pickup does not have a 5th Wheel hitch, and am wondering people's thoughts regarding the various units, and their use. My current pickup does have a trailer brake controller. It's a full-size half ton. I don't plan on pulling anything behind the camper.</p><p></p><p>I contacted Glen's Welding in Bismarck, and they can put in a standard unit, installed, for about $675. This apparently is the base model, that includes "rails". I may be wrong, but do the rails remain in the truck bed, when the hitch is removed? Are there better units that leave less hardware in the bed, when not in use?</p><p></p><p>I'm not 100% against spending additional money, but I don't feel the need to get the top-of-the-line unless there are real and definite bonuses involved.</p><p></p><p>Thoughts?</p><p></p><p>Thank you fellas, for you experience and expertise.</p><p></p><p>Jim Kemp</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="JayKay, post: 300848, member: 324"] Recently sold my small pop-up camper, and am looking to purchase a used 5th Wheel unit. My pickup does not have a 5th Wheel hitch, and am wondering people's thoughts regarding the various units, and their use. My current pickup does have a trailer brake controller. It's a full-size half ton. I don't plan on pulling anything behind the camper. I contacted Glen's Welding in Bismarck, and they can put in a standard unit, installed, for about $675. This apparently is the base model, that includes "rails". I may be wrong, but do the rails remain in the truck bed, when the hitch is removed? Are there better units that leave less hardware in the bed, when not in use? I'm not 100% against spending additional money, but I don't feel the need to get the top-of-the-line unless there are real and definite bonuses involved. Thoughts? Thank you fellas, for you experience and expertise. Jim Kemp [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Lotsa bots
Latest: Jiffy
8 minutes ago
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: lunkerslayer
43 minutes ago
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
5th Wheel Hitch
Top
Bottom