What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
5th Wheel Hitch
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="JayKay" data-source="post: 300865" data-attributes="member: 324"><p>Safety chains seem redundant and an overkill idea. Kidding. </p><p></p><p>At work we have a 20 ft flatbed bumper hitch trailer, and a few years ago the tongue came off the ball on the way to SD. Safety chains saved the day. I hadn't given them much thought until then. </p><p></p><p>It was a double-wiper morning when they became necessary, but when all was said and done (and the heart-rate went back to normal) we were able to keep on truckin'. </p><p></p><p>Guywhofishes sent me a short video talking about the odd/added stresses on the fifth wheel camper frame, when using the gooseneck adapter and turnover ball. I don't know if it's a considerable change from the original setup or not, but in theory, I can see it. With the Andersen hitch, the connection point is raised - same as a standard fifth wheel hitch. Is this the way to go?</p><p></p><p>The base model fifth wheel hitch is about $675 installed. I looked at a fifth wheel camper last night, that would include that gooseneck adapter, so if we went that route, all I'd need is the turnover ball installed. Gotta call Glen's this morning to find out what that would cost. I wonder then, how does one install/use safety chains?</p><p></p><p>Also, my truck has a plastic ribbed bed liner. Do you cut a hole in it for the turnover ball, or the rails if I went with a fifth wheel hitch? Or does that liner just get taken out and junked? </p><p></p><p>The plot thickens..</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="JayKay, post: 300865, member: 324"] Safety chains seem redundant and an overkill idea. Kidding. At work we have a 20 ft flatbed bumper hitch trailer, and a few years ago the tongue came off the ball on the way to SD. Safety chains saved the day. I hadn't given them much thought until then. It was a double-wiper morning when they became necessary, but when all was said and done (and the heart-rate went back to normal) we were able to keep on truckin'. Guywhofishes sent me a short video talking about the odd/added stresses on the fifth wheel camper frame, when using the gooseneck adapter and turnover ball. I don't know if it's a considerable change from the original setup or not, but in theory, I can see it. With the Andersen hitch, the connection point is raised - same as a standard fifth wheel hitch. Is this the way to go? The base model fifth wheel hitch is about $675 installed. I looked at a fifth wheel camper last night, that would include that gooseneck adapter, so if we went that route, all I'd need is the turnover ball installed. Gotta call Glen's this morning to find out what that would cost. I wonder then, how does one install/use safety chains? Also, my truck has a plastic ribbed bed liner. Do you cut a hole in it for the turnover ball, or the rails if I went with a fifth wheel hitch? Or does that liner just get taken out and junked? The plot thickens.. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Lotsa bots
Latest: Jiffy
8 minutes ago
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: lunkerslayer
43 minutes ago
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
5th Wheel Hitch
Top
Bottom