What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
Recipes
Advanced Sausage Making
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="fly2cast" data-source="post: 239866" data-attributes="member: 656"><p>My recipe for venison sausage does call for 60 pork/40 venison and I don't smoke it. It's pretty good but I think it would benefit from something that would hold in the moisture/fat better. If I have been reading correctly, this is what a binder would do.</p><p></p><p><span style="color: silver"><span style="font-size: 9px">- - - Updated - - -</span></span></p><p></p><p>Also, I have to say, aging venison really had made a difference in taste and quality. This year, I quartered up my deer and hung in the garage for at least 10 days, some was 14 days. The meat looks way more appetizing and it does taste better. Plus I think it's easier to clean. For the backstraps, I cleaned them off, dried them off with paper towels and put into a ziplock bag in the fridge for 20+ days. Wow, what a difference.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="fly2cast, post: 239866, member: 656"] My recipe for venison sausage does call for 60 pork/40 venison and I don't smoke it. It's pretty good but I think it would benefit from something that would hold in the moisture/fat better. If I have been reading correctly, this is what a binder would do. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] Also, I have to say, aging venison really had made a difference in taste and quality. This year, I quartered up my deer and hung in the garage for at least 10 days, some was 14 days. The meat looks way more appetizing and it does taste better. Plus I think it's easier to clean. For the backstraps, I cleaned them off, dried them off with paper towels and put into a ziplock bag in the fridge for 20+ days. Wow, what a difference. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Today at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Today at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
Recipes
Advanced Sausage Making
Top
Bottom