What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Boat dealers
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Allen" data-source="post: 302623" data-attributes="member: 389"><p>I think the tree we are not observing in this forest is that ALL dealerships have their "fair' share of good and bad outcomes. I've not yet bought a new boat, but have owned an Alumacraft (older, no dealer shit required), a Smoker Craft (again, never needed dealer help) and a nearly new Lund (once again, no warranty problems etc). Bottom line is that none of these dealerships would be in business if the shitty stories/experiences were the norm.</p><p></p><p>Note, all the above doesn't mean I haven't had my own share of good and bad experiences. For example, and I don't mean to throw them under the bus here so much as to simply highlight my point of good and bad experiences from the same dealer. A few years ago I had bought a nearly new tritoon from River City sports here in Bismarck. About 3 weeks later the damn 150 Merc 4S on it decided to add some ventilation through the block. River City mechanics and service dept had me up and running with a new powerhead courtesy of Mercury within 2 weeks. Super happy about the service level I received from them!</p><p></p><p>Around the same time, my other fishing rig needed a new water pump impeller and stator work. I decided to have them also do the wheel bearing repack. Jesus H. Christ! I didn't get 1,000 miles out of the fugging bearing service job that summer before I had to have the spindles replaced. Near as I can tell the tech didn't put any thought into tightening the bearings down and I burned up both spindles, one didn't even seem to have a cotter pin in the retainer. Cost me about $600, but since it's on a boat trailer and the crap they go through...I didn't think it was even worth bringing up with the service dept. Needless to say, I've once again picked up the bearing duties.</p><p></p><p>Other than that ONE experience, I've had nothing but good outcomes at that dealer. I'd think if the majority of quality that came out of there was akin to the bearing job, they'd be some out-of-work, hungry, SOB's.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Allen, post: 302623, member: 389"] I think the tree we are not observing in this forest is that ALL dealerships have their "fair' share of good and bad outcomes. I've not yet bought a new boat, but have owned an Alumacraft (older, no dealer shit required), a Smoker Craft (again, never needed dealer help) and a nearly new Lund (once again, no warranty problems etc). Bottom line is that none of these dealerships would be in business if the shitty stories/experiences were the norm. Note, all the above doesn't mean I haven't had my own share of good and bad experiences. For example, and I don't mean to throw them under the bus here so much as to simply highlight my point of good and bad experiences from the same dealer. A few years ago I had bought a nearly new tritoon from River City sports here in Bismarck. About 3 weeks later the damn 150 Merc 4S on it decided to add some ventilation through the block. River City mechanics and service dept had me up and running with a new powerhead courtesy of Mercury within 2 weeks. Super happy about the service level I received from them! Around the same time, my other fishing rig needed a new water pump impeller and stator work. I decided to have them also do the wheel bearing repack. Jesus H. Christ! I didn't get 1,000 miles out of the fugging bearing service job that summer before I had to have the spindles replaced. Near as I can tell the tech didn't put any thought into tightening the bearings down and I burned up both spindles, one didn't even seem to have a cotter pin in the retainer. Cost me about $600, but since it's on a boat trailer and the crap they go through...I didn't think it was even worth bringing up with the service dept. Needless to say, I've once again picked up the bearing duties. Other than that ONE experience, I've had nothing but good outcomes at that dealer. I'd think if the majority of quality that came out of there was akin to the bearing job, they'd be some out-of-work, hungry, SOB's. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Boat dealers
Top
Bottom