What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
Boat speed and porpoising
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="JUSTWINGNIT" data-source="post: 219359" data-attributes="member: 975"><p>Hey guys I have a 2005 alumacraft tournament pro 175 cs with a 150 Honda on it. I have been reading on other forums about this boat with the same specs except for it having a 150 Yamaha on it and he says he is getting 48 to 50 mph out of it. Mine on the other hand is only getting 36 or so. It sounds like we are loaded close to the same. I would ask him but the thread was from 2006. Anyways I also get porpoising pretty damn easy at wot. Seems like I need to have the motor trimmed down so damn far to prevent it. The motor is "bottomed" out so to say. Do I need to raise it up a few holes and try it again? I was running a 14.5 X 17p aluminum prop until I wacked a damn rock. Any help would be great!</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="JUSTWINGNIT, post: 219359, member: 975"] Hey guys I have a 2005 alumacraft tournament pro 175 cs with a 150 Honda on it. I have been reading on other forums about this boat with the same specs except for it having a 150 Yamaha on it and he says he is getting 48 to 50 mph out of it. Mine on the other hand is only getting 36 or so. It sounds like we are loaded close to the same. I would ask him but the thread was from 2006. Anyways I also get porpoising pretty damn easy at wot. Seems like I need to have the motor trimmed down so damn far to prevent it. The motor is "bottomed" out so to say. Do I need to raise it up a few holes and try it again? I was running a 14.5 X 17p aluminum prop until I wacked a damn rock. Any help would be great! [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
59 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
Boat speed and porpoising
Top
Bottom