What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
Boat speed and porpoising
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="pluckem" data-source="post: 219365" data-attributes="member: 843"><p>I drove a yarcraft 18' side console with a Honda on it and it was a dog and also had porposing issue. If three guys were in the boat one would have to move to the front some to help it plane out. It wasn't my boat so I didn't play around with it much. I do remember the weight specs on those outboards was really high. </p><p></p><p>Find the recommended max RPM's of the engine and find prop selection (stainless) from there. However I don't think you will get close to 150 Yamaha performance.</p><p></p><p>Just an update, the engine mentioned above was a 135hp (I believe it was same platform as the 150hp). Could have been the main reason for the lack of performance. Especially when compared to the 125 class engines which had some considerable weight savings.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="pluckem, post: 219365, member: 843"] I drove a yarcraft 18' side console with a Honda on it and it was a dog and also had porposing issue. If three guys were in the boat one would have to move to the front some to help it plane out. It wasn't my boat so I didn't play around with it much. I do remember the weight specs on those outboards was really high. Find the recommended max RPM's of the engine and find prop selection (stainless) from there. However I don't think you will get close to 150 Yamaha performance. Just an update, the engine mentioned above was a 135hp (I believe it was same platform as the 150hp). Could have been the main reason for the lack of performance. Especially when compared to the 125 class engines which had some considerable weight savings. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
59 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
Boat speed and porpoising
Top
Bottom