What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Boat towing question
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Ponyroper" data-source="post: 313683" data-attributes="member: 423"><p>I have a 3/4 ton HD Duramax for heavy hauling but it's overkill for the boat. I'm looking at the Subaru as a replacement for the Toyota RAV 4 I use for around town and was just wondering if it would pull the boat. I thought I could get rid of the Suburban if the Outback can pull the boat and save some license and insurance. The Suburban isn't worth much and license and insurance is only about $200 a year so I guess it can stay hooked to the boat.</p><p></p><p><span style="color: silver"><span style="font-size: 9px">- - - Updated - - -</span></span></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>You're right Allen, I forgot the motor weight which is 315#. That means boat=910#, motor=315#, trailer=350#, gas and gear=450# is going to be around 2000#. Guess that answers my question. In that case might switch to the Forester model.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Ponyroper, post: 313683, member: 423"] I have a 3/4 ton HD Duramax for heavy hauling but it's overkill for the boat. I'm looking at the Subaru as a replacement for the Toyota RAV 4 I use for around town and was just wondering if it would pull the boat. I thought I could get rid of the Suburban if the Outback can pull the boat and save some license and insurance. The Suburban isn't worth much and license and insurance is only about $200 a year so I guess it can stay hooked to the boat. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] You're right Allen, I forgot the motor weight which is 315#. That means boat=910#, motor=315#, trailer=350#, gas and gear=450# is going to be around 2000#. Guess that answers my question. In that case might switch to the Forester model. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Boat towing question
Top
Bottom