What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Bought a New Mask Today - even Dr. Lunk would approve….
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="lunkerslayer" data-source="post: 367336" data-attributes="member: 217"><p>Anyways back to the subject of this thread scuba diving, I have always wanted to try scuba diving for real in the ocean. Maybe someday I will try it but probably won't happen since I have issues with my ears popping when i dived deep into the pool.</p><p>I did get to see a person scuba dive in the flesh when I worked on the grade raises of the roads on the devils lake basin. The diver was a certified rescue diver who was also a foreman for the company that I worked for a couple summers. He was inserting these large rubber air bladders called pigs into culverts that needed extensions added to the ends since the road was going to be widened as well as raised. The pigs would be inserted and filled up with air to stop the water from leaking into the coffer dam that was built so the area was dry to add on the extensions to the pipe that was underwater. That was the only time I have ever seen anyone scuba dive.</p><p>Other then that I don't see scuba diving in north dakota as a popular adventure since most lakes are not clear enough as say Minnesota lakes. One thing is for sure of if you could make a wet suit affordable for winter diving then you could have something because devils lake would be crappy in open water but winter time would be awesome.</p><p>Here is a video for north dakota spear fishing</p><p>I do remember hearing stories of divers inspecting the garrison dam and feeling huge fish bumping into you which would scare the crap out of me, even though you have a light it would be frightening to me.</p><p></p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]5GYRhRSohVM[/MEDIA]</p><p><a href="https://www.justgottadive.com/dive_resources/travel_articles/prairie-diving-north-dakotas-lake-sakakawea" target="_blank">https://www.justgottadive.com/dive_resources/travel_articles/prairie-diving-north-dakotas-lake-sakakawea</a></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="lunkerslayer, post: 367336, member: 217"] Anyways back to the subject of this thread scuba diving, I have always wanted to try scuba diving for real in the ocean. Maybe someday I will try it but probably won't happen since I have issues with my ears popping when i dived deep into the pool. I did get to see a person scuba dive in the flesh when I worked on the grade raises of the roads on the devils lake basin. The diver was a certified rescue diver who was also a foreman for the company that I worked for a couple summers. He was inserting these large rubber air bladders called pigs into culverts that needed extensions added to the ends since the road was going to be widened as well as raised. The pigs would be inserted and filled up with air to stop the water from leaking into the coffer dam that was built so the area was dry to add on the extensions to the pipe that was underwater. That was the only time I have ever seen anyone scuba dive. Other then that I don't see scuba diving in north dakota as a popular adventure since most lakes are not clear enough as say Minnesota lakes. One thing is for sure of if you could make a wet suit affordable for winter diving then you could have something because devils lake would be crappy in open water but winter time would be awesome. Here is a video for north dakota spear fishing I do remember hearing stories of divers inspecting the garrison dam and feeling huge fish bumping into you which would scare the crap out of me, even though you have a light it would be frightening to me. [MEDIA=youtube]5GYRhRSohVM[/MEDIA] [URL]https://www.justgottadive.com/dive_resources/travel_articles/prairie-diving-north-dakotas-lake-sakakawea[/URL] [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
8 minutes ago
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
11 minutes ago
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
31 minutes ago
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:11 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:40 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: Jiffy
Today at 7:06 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Today at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Today at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Today at 5:58 PM
RAY AREA
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 4:52 PM
Pine Wilt
Latest: BrokenBackJack
Today at 4:32 PM
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: RyanN
Today at 2:02 PM
ND adventure.
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 12:44 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Bought a New Mask Today - even Dr. Lunk would approve….
Top
Bottom