What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Fishing Forums by Species
Walleye
Camping with Dogs
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Retired-Guy" data-source="post: 326430" data-attributes="member: 1735"><p>Just got back from a beautiful camping trip. The only issue was that the next door neighbors had 3 really well behaved dogs, two medium sized and one black lab (who turns out is 15 years old). On Monday the couple took their pontoon out and left at least 2 of the dogs including the lab in there camper. They had a roof vent open and the A/C running but the dogs barked nearly constantly the entire time they were gone. Grrrr! My wife and I get on the water by 6 and are usually back to the camper by 1 o'clock or so. These people sleep in so they are leaving about the time we get back. </p><p></p><p>So I grinned and beared it the first day but the next day they left just the lab behind, of course, with the same results. I was simmering. The campground host said it was not under his control and the park ranger was no where to be seen. By the time the folks finally returned I had downed a martini or two so I walked over and started up a friendly discussion. Eventually I mentioned that their dogs were not happy being left behind. I said the constant barking was very annoying. The excuse was that the lab was 15 and just couldn't stand to be out in the sun and heat on the water. I understand! Leave the dog with a sitter, camp in the bush away from people, stay home....what ever! I have owned dogs but would never leave them cooped up in a camper. How to deal with there situation wasn't my problem but there current solution was! I told them to "do what they had to do" and left.</p><p></p><p>This same issue occurred at Indian Hills a few years ago. I never saw the individual camping so I put a note on the door explaining that their dog barked all the time they were gone. I don't know if that was the reason but the owner showed up, hooked onto his camper, and left. Problem solved.</p><p></p><p>I know I am a ranting old fart but damn these assholes that think they can fuck my week up because they can't manage there pets!</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Retired-Guy, post: 326430, member: 1735"] Just got back from a beautiful camping trip. The only issue was that the next door neighbors had 3 really well behaved dogs, two medium sized and one black lab (who turns out is 15 years old). On Monday the couple took their pontoon out and left at least 2 of the dogs including the lab in there camper. They had a roof vent open and the A/C running but the dogs barked nearly constantly the entire time they were gone. Grrrr! My wife and I get on the water by 6 and are usually back to the camper by 1 o'clock or so. These people sleep in so they are leaving about the time we get back. So I grinned and beared it the first day but the next day they left just the lab behind, of course, with the same results. I was simmering. The campground host said it was not under his control and the park ranger was no where to be seen. By the time the folks finally returned I had downed a martini or two so I walked over and started up a friendly discussion. Eventually I mentioned that their dogs were not happy being left behind. I said the constant barking was very annoying. The excuse was that the lab was 15 and just couldn't stand to be out in the sun and heat on the water. I understand! Leave the dog with a sitter, camp in the bush away from people, stay home....what ever! I have owned dogs but would never leave them cooped up in a camper. How to deal with there situation wasn't my problem but there current solution was! I told them to "do what they had to do" and left. This same issue occurred at Indian Hills a few years ago. I never saw the individual camping so I put a note on the door explaining that their dog barked all the time they were gone. I don't know if that was the reason but the owner showed up, hooked onto his camper, and left. Problem solved. I know I am a ranting old fart but damn these assholes that think they can fuck my week up because they can't manage there pets! [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Fishing Forums by Species
Walleye
Camping with Dogs
Top
Bottom