What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Deer Age?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Allen" data-source="post: 382159" data-attributes="member: 389"><p>Nice buck for the kid to target. I've always said that I don't have a "score" in mind when I pull the trigger, rather my goal is to simply shoot the biggest one available.</p><p></p><p>One would think I'd have learned to stop guessing at a deer's age, because it's just that...a guess. I've seen farmed deer, who...thanks to genetics and nutrition were able to score well above what that buck would reach as 1.5 yr olds. Nonetheless, I'd guess that buck on public land is 2.5 yrs old and just has good genetics and has benefitted from a good source of potassium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, magnesium and _____. If'n he looked a little more haggard, I'd have guessed him to be up to 5.5 yrs old.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Allen, post: 382159, member: 389"] Nice buck for the kid to target. I've always said that I don't have a "score" in mind when I pull the trigger, rather my goal is to simply shoot the biggest one available. One would think I'd have learned to stop guessing at a deer's age, because it's just that...a guess. I've seen farmed deer, who...thanks to genetics and nutrition were able to score well above what that buck would reach as 1.5 yr olds. Nonetheless, I'd guess that buck on public land is 2.5 yrs old and just has good genetics and has benefitted from a good source of potassium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, magnesium and _____. If'n he looked a little more haggard, I'd have guessed him to be up to 5.5 yrs old. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: bucksnbears
8 minutes ago
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: bucksnbears
11 minutes ago
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: svnmag
52 minutes ago
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: wslayer
Today at 6:08 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: 3Roosters
Today at 4:45 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Today at 3:36 PM
ISO Vizsla pup
Latest: Yoby
Today at 3:17 PM
migration 26
Latest: 1lessdog
Today at 12:37 PM
Fall fishing?
Latest: sdwxman
Today at 8:43 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Today at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Today at 6:02 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Ham/Women
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Yesterday at 6:52 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 2:31 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: Davy Crockett
Sunday at 8:43 PM
T
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Twitch
Sunday at 7:24 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: wslayer
Sunday at 5:33 PM
Sale
STEINER Predator 12 x 50
Latest: 1lessdog
Saturday at 4:27 PM
A
Steak Knives?
Latest: Auggie
Saturday at 4:12 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:39 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Deer Age?
Top
Bottom