What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Drew A New Mexico Oryx Tag
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="SDMF" data-source="post: 370747" data-attributes="member: 412"><p>Congrats on the tag. I've considered getting in on that but never have.</p><p></p><p>2007 I borrowed my 270Win shooting 140gn TSX to a gal I knew who drew a NM Oryx. She got hers @ just under 300yds and both bullets passed through. That's the full extent of my actual Oryx knowledge</p><p></p><p>If I were going to work up a new load for a 300WM w/Barnes I'd likely use a 168 TTSX. You don't gain enough BC going to the 175/190 LRX to make up for the loss in velocity.</p><p></p><p>It's no secret I'm an unapologetic Barnes zealot, but, the LRX gives me pause. The front end is tapered so hard/tight that it looks like it would be difficult to get it to open up though I have no actual data to support that and I've read a fair amount to the contrary. I tried the 145gn .284 LRX in a 7WSM and 7Rem Mag and in both cases I maxed out on pressure before I got to where I thought velocity should be. The LRX just didn't give me the "warm-fuzzies" I get with the TSX/TTSX.</p><p></p><p>Armed with the above info and $.99 you should be able to get a small bottle of water on sale on a convenience store.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="SDMF, post: 370747, member: 412"] Congrats on the tag. I've considered getting in on that but never have. 2007 I borrowed my 270Win shooting 140gn TSX to a gal I knew who drew a NM Oryx. She got hers @ just under 300yds and both bullets passed through. That's the full extent of my actual Oryx knowledge If I were going to work up a new load for a 300WM w/Barnes I'd likely use a 168 TTSX. You don't gain enough BC going to the 175/190 LRX to make up for the loss in velocity. It's no secret I'm an unapologetic Barnes zealot, but, the LRX gives me pause. The front end is tapered so hard/tight that it looks like it would be difficult to get it to open up though I have no actual data to support that and I've read a fair amount to the contrary. I tried the 145gn .284 LRX in a 7WSM and 7Rem Mag and in both cases I maxed out on pressure before I got to where I thought velocity should be. The LRX just didn't give me the "warm-fuzzies" I get with the TSX/TTSX. Armed with the above info and $.99 you should be able to get a small bottle of water on sale on a convenience store. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: lunkerslayer
18 minutes ago
migration 26
Latest: 1lessdog
24 minutes ago
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: SDMF
Today at 11:47 AM
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: TwoLabs
Today at 10:51 AM
Fall fishing?
Latest: sdwxman
Today at 8:43 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Today at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Today at 6:02 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Ham/Women
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: lunkerslayer
Yesterday at 8:39 PM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Yesterday at 6:52 PM
O
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: OL Deadeye
Yesterday at 8:46 AM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 2:31 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: Davy Crockett
Sunday at 8:43 PM
T
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Twitch
Sunday at 7:24 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: wslayer
Sunday at 5:33 PM
Sale
STEINER Predator 12 x 50
Latest: 1lessdog
Saturday at 4:27 PM
A
Steak Knives?
Latest: Auggie
Saturday at 4:12 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:39 AM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:11 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 9:54 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Drew A New Mexico Oryx Tag
Top
Bottom