What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Drew A New Mexico Oryx Tag
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Tymurrey" data-source="post: 387336" data-attributes="member: 859"><p>[ATTACH=full]62221[/ATTACH]Filled my oryx tag late on the second day of the hunt. My hunt got moved to Rhodes Canyon due to military operations on Stallion Range. The oryx have been getting pressured hard and this caused a back to back hunt at Rhodes Canyon. I hired an outfitter for this hunt and I’m glad I did. The guide spotted oryx probably 3:1 versus me and my friends and also saved me from shooting a small one because they are hard to judge. The oryx were very skittish and we struggled to get within 550 yards of them without them running. The smaller ones were the only ones who would let us get a little closer than that and with having to shoot off sticks I was hoping for 400 yards or closer. We got lucky with this one and seen a couple in a clearing that worked their way into some thick but sand dune ground that gave us cover and luckily spotted them each time before they did us. Followed them for close to a mile playing hide and seek and finally snuck over a small ridge and this one popped out at 175 yards. Broke both front shoulders and she died within feet. The 175 Barnes lrx sheared off atleast one petal I found in the meat and the bullet was in offside hide that I’m hoping to get back from taxidermist. 37 1/4” cow. We got an impressive display from a couple fighter jets flying crazy low and close on Friday while they did maneuvers.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Tymurrey, post: 387336, member: 859"] [ATTACH type="full"]62221[/ATTACH]Filled my oryx tag late on the second day of the hunt. My hunt got moved to Rhodes Canyon due to military operations on Stallion Range. The oryx have been getting pressured hard and this caused a back to back hunt at Rhodes Canyon. I hired an outfitter for this hunt and I’m glad I did. The guide spotted oryx probably 3:1 versus me and my friends and also saved me from shooting a small one because they are hard to judge. The oryx were very skittish and we struggled to get within 550 yards of them without them running. The smaller ones were the only ones who would let us get a little closer than that and with having to shoot off sticks I was hoping for 400 yards or closer. We got lucky with this one and seen a couple in a clearing that worked their way into some thick but sand dune ground that gave us cover and luckily spotted them each time before they did us. Followed them for close to a mile playing hide and seek and finally snuck over a small ridge and this one popped out at 175 yards. Broke both front shoulders and she died within feet. The 175 Barnes lrx sheared off atleast one petal I found in the meat and the bullet was in offside hide that I’m hoping to get back from taxidermist. 37 1/4” cow. We got an impressive display from a couple fighter jets flying crazy low and close on Friday while they did maneuvers. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
M
migration 26
Latest: measure-it
26 minutes ago
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: SDMF
38 minutes ago
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: TwoLabs
Today at 10:51 AM
A
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: ale
Today at 10:03 AM
Fall fishing?
Latest: sdwxman
Today at 8:43 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Today at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Today at 6:02 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Ham/Women
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: lunkerslayer
Yesterday at 8:39 PM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Yesterday at 6:52 PM
O
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: OL Deadeye
Yesterday at 8:46 AM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 2:31 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: Davy Crockett
Sunday at 8:43 PM
T
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Twitch
Sunday at 7:24 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: wslayer
Sunday at 5:33 PM
Sale
STEINER Predator 12 x 50
Latest: 1lessdog
Saturday at 4:27 PM
A
Steak Knives?
Latest: Auggie
Saturday at 4:12 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:39 AM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:11 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 9:54 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Drew A New Mexico Oryx Tag
Top
Bottom