What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Drew A New Mexico Oryx Tag
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Wall-eyes" data-source="post: 387400" data-attributes="member: 1902"><p>First off nice draw. I have the Leica Geovid 10x42 original version which will range1,600 yds which is about max not sure new model. They work very good daylight to dark, very nice glass the newer HD version which has been out for a while is even nicer. Was about $1,500 back in the day. I have no complaints hung around my neck for many miles all over North Amerca. As far as tripod go light weight. I have the carbon fiber outdoorsman model was like $500 plus adapters back in day very happy with it. I have the binocular and gun rest very easy to switch out. As far as bullet do not use Bergers get more robust built one. I used a custom built 340 weatherby with 250 grain Nosler or Barnes. Dad told me those hunts that are maybe happen once in lifetime hit them hard with big gun dont be that guy that thinks his smaller caliber is fine. Smallest rifle I shoot on smaller type animal's was a 7mmag 175 grain partition. Enjoy hunt I would do the guide as you did. I have done some hunts without and it was not a good ending.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Wall-eyes, post: 387400, member: 1902"] First off nice draw. I have the Leica Geovid 10x42 original version which will range1,600 yds which is about max not sure new model. They work very good daylight to dark, very nice glass the newer HD version which has been out for a while is even nicer. Was about $1,500 back in the day. I have no complaints hung around my neck for many miles all over North Amerca. As far as tripod go light weight. I have the carbon fiber outdoorsman model was like $500 plus adapters back in day very happy with it. I have the binocular and gun rest very easy to switch out. As far as bullet do not use Bergers get more robust built one. I used a custom built 340 weatherby with 250 grain Nosler or Barnes. Dad told me those hunts that are maybe happen once in lifetime hit them hard with big gun dont be that guy that thinks his smaller caliber is fine. Smallest rifle I shoot on smaller type animal's was a 7mmag 175 grain partition. Enjoy hunt I would do the guide as you did. I have done some hunts without and it was not a good ending. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
M
migration 26
Latest: measure-it
26 minutes ago
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: SDMF
38 minutes ago
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: TwoLabs
Today at 10:51 AM
A
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: ale
Today at 10:03 AM
Fall fishing?
Latest: sdwxman
Today at 8:43 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Today at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Today at 6:02 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Ham/Women
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: lunkerslayer
Yesterday at 8:39 PM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Yesterday at 6:52 PM
O
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: OL Deadeye
Yesterday at 8:46 AM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 2:31 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: Davy Crockett
Sunday at 8:43 PM
T
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Twitch
Sunday at 7:24 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: wslayer
Sunday at 5:33 PM
Sale
STEINER Predator 12 x 50
Latest: 1lessdog
Saturday at 4:27 PM
A
Steak Knives?
Latest: Auggie
Saturday at 4:12 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:39 AM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:11 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 9:54 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Drew A New Mexico Oryx Tag
Top
Bottom