O East Central ND Multispecies

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honestly, the white bass fight was better. Those things are a riot until they start swimming hard circles near the hole and your line "pops" as it hits their dorsal fin.

The smallies felt like nice walleye - not quite the fight they put up during the summer. But then again, I caught 3 smaller ones (14-15 inches) while my buddy caught the 17".

And yes, the spot has been marked for later adventures.....
It's no secret I like straight braid. I don't have 100% confidence to say it would resist fins/gillplates--as you know it's tissue paper in a pike's maw: Fluorocarbon leader? Providing unsolicited fishing advice is like cocaine.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose you don't even use any other electronics when you have an all in one unit especially since the unit has GPS mapping included to mark all your hot fishing spots. I'm super jealous CatDaddy 😫 ain't gonna lie 😩
I still have my Lowrance Elite 7 which I thought I'd use more but turns out not so much. It comes in handy with family and friends who tag along.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's no secret I like straight braid. I don't have 100% confidence to say it would resist fins/gillplates--as you know it's tissue paper in a pike's maw: Fluorocarbon leader? Providing unsolicited fishing advice is like cocaine.
I'm actually just using straight fluorocarbon on the whole reel, not just the leader.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
One last Livescope video....my buddy hasn't ever used it and was being too "gentle" with the aggressive white bass. I've found if you pound the lure they can't resist and just blast it. Eventually he gets one! Fun to watch, they're like piranhas!

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I'm on a lake that has bass I am usually targeting or at least planning on them showing up. What I have learned is more often than not they will mix into other schools like perch, bluegills, crappie with most times not scaring off the smaller fish or they are roaming not far off. Once in a while you might find a school of small LM and that is what you catch. I have never been able to get bit on larger baits like jigging raps or rattle baits, it is more often a small tungsten, 1/16th or smaller jigging spoon, or plain hook with a crappie minnow. They are not near as aggressive in the winter. Tough part is getting a hook set into the hard part of the mouth and keeping them from spitting the hook, don't give them any slack. I have only caught LM never SM and never WB

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personal best a few weeks ago. Setup was Elliot Evolution 44" UL, Piscifun ICX Frost reel, 4lb Suffix Advance Mono, small barrel swivel to a 4lb leader and clam drop kick tungsten. I really like hooks on clam jigs, especially the drop kick, little heavier strong wire, good gap, and sharp
1000004823.jpg
1000004824.jpg
1000004837.jpg
1000004822.jpg
1000004825.jpg

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't have a scale and forgot to measure it. Was more concerned in getting it wrapped up in a wet towel and plastic garbage bag for the freezer. Just need to get it up to MSA now. It filled up the 7.5in K-Drill hole. She is quite the specimen, if I would have had the right measuring board and tape to get measurements I probably would have released her and had a replica done.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88