What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Floor Heat Help
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="benjamins" data-source="post: 317883" data-attributes="member: 700"><p>Had no idea where to get honest information so I thought with the wealth of knowledge on here someone might be able to help me out. I built a house this summer, slab on grade around 2200 ft2 with a 250 ft2 bonus room and a 1200 ft2 garage. The house has floor heat with a propane on demand heater as well as a propane furnace. I have been using anywhere from 150 to 200 gallons of propane per month (even before this cold snap). Does this seem reasonable? It seems high to me especially since I have been keeping my garage at 40 (slab temp). We do live in the wide open so wind is an issue, I was just always under the assumption floor heat is really efficient?</p><p></p><p>I also do not know how to set the floor heat temp vs the furnace. Should I use the floor heat for the main heat and only use the furnace for sudden cold snap to even things out? Or do I use the floor heat to keep the house around say 60 and use the furnace for more of the work? And since I have shown how little I know about anything, Do I use the air temp at the thermostat to control the floor heat or go off the inslab temp (keeping that at 82 keeps the house around 68). I tried going off of air temp and it seemed to frequently over shoot and make it too warm but maybe I didn't have things set right. Thanks for any insight and sorry for the painfully dumb questions!</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="benjamins, post: 317883, member: 700"] Had no idea where to get honest information so I thought with the wealth of knowledge on here someone might be able to help me out. I built a house this summer, slab on grade around 2200 ft2 with a 250 ft2 bonus room and a 1200 ft2 garage. The house has floor heat with a propane on demand heater as well as a propane furnace. I have been using anywhere from 150 to 200 gallons of propane per month (even before this cold snap). Does this seem reasonable? It seems high to me especially since I have been keeping my garage at 40 (slab temp). We do live in the wide open so wind is an issue, I was just always under the assumption floor heat is really efficient? I also do not know how to set the floor heat temp vs the furnace. Should I use the floor heat for the main heat and only use the furnace for sudden cold snap to even things out? Or do I use the floor heat to keep the house around say 60 and use the furnace for more of the work? And since I have shown how little I know about anything, Do I use the air temp at the thermostat to control the floor heat or go off the inslab temp (keeping that at 82 keeps the house around 68). I tried going off of air temp and it seemed to frequently over shoot and make it too warm but maybe I didn't have things set right. Thanks for any insight and sorry for the painfully dumb questions! [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: eyexer
21 minutes ago
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: eyexer
24 minutes ago
Lotsa bots
Latest: eyexer
27 minutes ago
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Floor Heat Help
Top
Bottom