What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
Getting back into ice fishing
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Duckslayer100" data-source="post: 242067" data-attributes="member: 1485"><p>I have an older Strikemaster Lazer that has yet to fail me, but it's heavy and requires bringing a small fuel canister for longer trips. Not a big deal, but a hinderance to some.</p><p></p><p>I got my dad a K-Drill because his back is shot and the 40 pound Eskimo he lugged around was a bit too much. He's only cut two holes (for testing purposes) and he absolutely loves it. I think the whole works including drill and battery weighs around 11 pounds? He's currently just using is 1/2 bit Ryobi with 18v lithum batteries (not recommended, but he already had the drill) and it cut through a foot of ice like butter. </p><p></p><p>He's apt to drill 6 holes max in a given day, and I doubt he'll burn up drills with that frequency. So we're not too worried. Plus if he does burn up a drill, hey, an excuse to buy a new drill! Win-win!!</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Duckslayer100, post: 242067, member: 1485"] I have an older Strikemaster Lazer that has yet to fail me, but it's heavy and requires bringing a small fuel canister for longer trips. Not a big deal, but a hinderance to some. I got my dad a K-Drill because his back is shot and the 40 pound Eskimo he lugged around was a bit too much. He's only cut two holes (for testing purposes) and he absolutely loves it. I think the whole works including drill and battery weighs around 11 pounds? He's currently just using is 1/2 bit Ryobi with 18v lithum batteries (not recommended, but he already had the drill) and it cut through a foot of ice like butter. He's apt to drill 6 holes max in a given day, and I doubt he'll burn up drills with that frequency. So we're not too worried. Plus if he does burn up a drill, hey, an excuse to buy a new drill! Win-win!! [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: Rowdie
4 minutes ago
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: 3Roosters
8 minutes ago
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
51 minutes ago
ISO Vizsla pup
Latest: Yoby
Today at 3:17 PM
T
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: Traxion
Today at 1:40 PM
migration 26
Latest: 1lessdog
Today at 12:37 PM
Fall fishing?
Latest: sdwxman
Today at 8:43 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Today at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Today at 6:02 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Ham/Women
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: lunkerslayer
Yesterday at 8:39 PM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Yesterday at 6:52 PM
O
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: OL Deadeye
Yesterday at 8:46 AM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 2:31 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: Davy Crockett
Sunday at 8:43 PM
T
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Twitch
Sunday at 7:24 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: wslayer
Sunday at 5:33 PM
Sale
STEINER Predator 12 x 50
Latest: 1lessdog
Saturday at 4:27 PM
A
Steak Knives?
Latest: Auggie
Saturday at 4:12 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:39 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
Getting back into ice fishing
Top
Bottom