What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
Recipes
Got Goose? What to do...
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="KDM" data-source="post: 30340" data-attributes="member: 314"><p>Grind the goose up, mix half and half with pork, add Grandpa Josh's summer sausage seasoning, mix well, stuff in 5 lb summer sausage casings, and smoke with favorite wood type for 8 hours or until done. I did 150 lbs of goose sausage this year. I tried it as soon as it came out of the smoker and was NOT impressed. However, I let it rest in the freezer for about 2 weeks and NOW it' really good. I think the consistency of the mixed product doesn't allow the spices to blend with the meat as well as a venison blend does so it takes longer for the flavor to develop. Now I have trouble deciding which kind of sausage I want to take muddin'. LOL!! You can really go through some goose meat when you make summer sausage. Keep in mind that steel shot and a meat grinder do NOT make good bedfellows.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="KDM, post: 30340, member: 314"] Grind the goose up, mix half and half with pork, add Grandpa Josh's summer sausage seasoning, mix well, stuff in 5 lb summer sausage casings, and smoke with favorite wood type for 8 hours or until done. I did 150 lbs of goose sausage this year. I tried it as soon as it came out of the smoker and was NOT impressed. However, I let it rest in the freezer for about 2 weeks and NOW it' really good. I think the consistency of the mixed product doesn't allow the spices to blend with the meat as well as a venison blend does so it takes longer for the flavor to develop. Now I have trouble deciding which kind of sausage I want to take muddin'. LOL!! You can really go through some goose meat when you make summer sausage. Keep in mind that steel shot and a meat grinder do NOT make good bedfellows. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
Recipes
Got Goose? What to do...
Top
Bottom