What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
GPS/Fishfinder Advice
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Allen" data-source="post: 361618" data-attributes="member: 389"><p>Bob, I have two depthfinders on my tritoon for that reason. The first is a little Hummingbird built into the dash. It works fine at speed, but other than that it's not a great fishfinder. The other I put on the Toon is a Lowrance with the total scan transducer. Those things are just fine at low speeds, but loses the bottom pretty easily when at speeds of 25 mph or greater. </p><p></p><p>Both have their transducers mounted on the same tube and run just fine together with no interference. I have heard of setups where two transducers are mounted and wired as you asked about, but have never seen the actual setup.</p><p></p><p>I have no real preference on make of fishfinders, the higher end models of each brand are all pretty nice. The only thing I will say is that if you are interested in downscan and sidescan technology, you can't get too big of a screen. My sidescan on a 7 inch Lowrance screen is smaller than I would ever replace it with in the future. Just too hard to pick out the finer details (pronounced fish) for me, and if you want to start splitting the screen to have mulitple things shown (map and sidescan for example), and you are again looking at pretty small screens for each.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Allen, post: 361618, member: 389"] Bob, I have two depthfinders on my tritoon for that reason. The first is a little Hummingbird built into the dash. It works fine at speed, but other than that it's not a great fishfinder. The other I put on the Toon is a Lowrance with the total scan transducer. Those things are just fine at low speeds, but loses the bottom pretty easily when at speeds of 25 mph or greater. Both have their transducers mounted on the same tube and run just fine together with no interference. I have heard of setups where two transducers are mounted and wired as you asked about, but have never seen the actual setup. I have no real preference on make of fishfinders, the higher end models of each brand are all pretty nice. The only thing I will say is that if you are interested in downscan and sidescan technology, you can't get too big of a screen. My sidescan on a 7 inch Lowrance screen is smaller than I would ever replace it with in the future. Just too hard to pick out the finer details (pronounced fish) for me, and if you want to start splitting the screen to have mulitple things shown (map and sidescan for example), and you are again looking at pretty small screens for each. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
GPS/Fishfinder Advice
Top
Bottom