What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Help For a Fellow Outdoorsman
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="wjschmaltz" data-source="post: 345397" data-attributes="member: 6150"><p>Hey folks. I know there are tons of good-hearted, God-fearing, family men on this site and I wanted to reach out this morning and just see if anyone wanted to help a fellow outdoorsman, father, and husband. </p><p></p><p>Erik Schmidt is a game warden in South-Central ND and is going through an absolutely unspeakable tragedy. Erik's pregnant wife started feeling ill over the weekend and by Monday she had been flown to Mayo where they delivered her 23-week old baby by C-section. Unknown cancer in her body had caused her liver to fail and she passed away early Tuesday morning. Erik will now raise three daughters, and God-willing his new son, without a mother. If you feel so inclined, please say a prayer for Erik, his wife's soul, his daughters, and his fighting little boy. I've also included a gofundme link and information on monetary donations that can be made to an account at unisom bank. Between funeral costs, travels costs to see his baby, and lost wages; I'm sure anything would help. It will be months of traveling back and fourth to see his son and I'd imagine it will be a pile of work including extended vacation once the day comes when the boy can come home. </p><p></p><p>Erik is a good man who has done a substantial amount of good for fishing and hunting in the state of ND. Although he grew up on the eastern portion of the state, he's been a friend for as long as I can remember and eventually came back to Linton where his family and hunting roots are to become the local game warden. I hope I'm not stepping on his toes by sharing this, but his story has been shared all over social media so hopefully he doesn't mind. Whether it be prayers, money, or just positive vibes; I think anything would help. </p><p></p><p>It's likely several on this site have had interactions with Erik. He's been with the department for about 10 years and has volunteered to work all over the state. If you have some bullshit grievances, swallow your pride and keep it to yourself. This isn't the place or time.</p><p></p><p><a href="https://www.gofundme.com/f/erin-schmidt-family-fund?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR3L33YfFdJkmLRKiyNAAu9o0i10sp4I76pEjFGCQoCe_OLXuKe31CUFH4E" target="_blank">https://www.gofundme.com/f/erin-schmidt-family-fund?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR3L33YfFdJkmLRKiyNAAu9o0i10sp4I76pEjFGCQoCe_OLXuKe31CUFH4E</a></p><p></p><p>Community members have come together and established a benefit account at Unison Bank for the Schmidt family. Mailing address for Unison Bank in Linton is PO Box 460 Linton, ND 58552.</p><p>Money donated and deposited into this account are tax free with no fees. I am able to link a Venmo account with the benefit account, hence my information to move the money electronically for the family. Erik’s cousin Carrie has also established a GoFundMe account for those who chose to use that service as well. There will be a basket at the church tonight for anyone wishing to make a donation at the prayer vigil.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="wjschmaltz, post: 345397, member: 6150"] Hey folks. I know there are tons of good-hearted, God-fearing, family men on this site and I wanted to reach out this morning and just see if anyone wanted to help a fellow outdoorsman, father, and husband. Erik Schmidt is a game warden in South-Central ND and is going through an absolutely unspeakable tragedy. Erik's pregnant wife started feeling ill over the weekend and by Monday she had been flown to Mayo where they delivered her 23-week old baby by C-section. Unknown cancer in her body had caused her liver to fail and she passed away early Tuesday morning. Erik will now raise three daughters, and God-willing his new son, without a mother. If you feel so inclined, please say a prayer for Erik, his wife's soul, his daughters, and his fighting little boy. I've also included a gofundme link and information on monetary donations that can be made to an account at unisom bank. Between funeral costs, travels costs to see his baby, and lost wages; I'm sure anything would help. It will be months of traveling back and fourth to see his son and I'd imagine it will be a pile of work including extended vacation once the day comes when the boy can come home. Erik is a good man who has done a substantial amount of good for fishing and hunting in the state of ND. Although he grew up on the eastern portion of the state, he's been a friend for as long as I can remember and eventually came back to Linton where his family and hunting roots are to become the local game warden. I hope I'm not stepping on his toes by sharing this, but his story has been shared all over social media so hopefully he doesn't mind. Whether it be prayers, money, or just positive vibes; I think anything would help. It's likely several on this site have had interactions with Erik. He's been with the department for about 10 years and has volunteered to work all over the state. If you have some bullshit grievances, swallow your pride and keep it to yourself. This isn't the place or time. [URL]https://www.gofundme.com/f/erin-schmidt-family-fund?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR3L33YfFdJkmLRKiyNAAu9o0i10sp4I76pEjFGCQoCe_OLXuKe31CUFH4E[/URL] Community members have come together and established a benefit account at Unison Bank for the Schmidt family. Mailing address for Unison Bank in Linton is PO Box 460 Linton, ND 58552. Money donated and deposited into this account are tax free with no fees. I am able to link a Venmo account with the benefit account, hence my information to move the money electronically for the family. Erik’s cousin Carrie has also established a GoFundMe account for those who chose to use that service as well. There will be a basket at the church tonight for anyone wishing to make a donation at the prayer vigil. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
14 minutes ago
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
28 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Rowdie
38 minutes ago
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
52 minutes ago
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
55 minutes ago
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Today at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Today at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Today at 5:58 PM
RAY AREA
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 4:52 PM
Pine Wilt
Latest: BrokenBackJack
Today at 4:32 PM
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: RyanN
Today at 2:02 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Help For a Fellow Outdoorsman
Top
Bottom