What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
How deep for big walleye on Sak?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Lungdeflator" data-source="post: 228315" data-attributes="member: 5163"><p>At what depth have your biggest walleye came from through the ice on Sak? What time of year was it?</p><p></p><p>I would say I am still very new to fishing Sakakawea. 2 years ago I put in a ton of time out on and around Douglas bay and found a good amount of eater size fish, 13-17", but never really found many bigger than that. I have explored all kinds of structure and depths ranging from 8-35 fow. </p><p></p><p>The best I have done for bigger fish was out near the mouth of five fingers bay on a hump right before it dropped out into the deep part of the lake. Hump topped out at 12 fow at the time and I caught them in 18fow. 2 were 21" and 1 was 23" that particular evening. Other than that, I haven't been able to find any size. I realize 26"+ fish a hard to come by, but I think I would have caught one by now.....</p><p></p><p>Wondering if I need to try deeper for the bigger fish through the ice?</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Lungdeflator, post: 228315, member: 5163"] At what depth have your biggest walleye came from through the ice on Sak? What time of year was it? I would say I am still very new to fishing Sakakawea. 2 years ago I put in a ton of time out on and around Douglas bay and found a good amount of eater size fish, 13-17", but never really found many bigger than that. I have explored all kinds of structure and depths ranging from 8-35 fow. The best I have done for bigger fish was out near the mouth of five fingers bay on a hump right before it dropped out into the deep part of the lake. Hump topped out at 12 fow at the time and I caught them in 18fow. 2 were 21" and 1 was 23" that particular evening. Other than that, I haven't been able to find any size. I realize 26"+ fish a hard to come by, but I think I would have caught one by now..... Wondering if I need to try deeper for the bigger fish through the ice? [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
How deep for big walleye on Sak?
Top
Bottom