What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
How heavy of camper can I pull?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="GSM" data-source="post: 174827" data-attributes="member: 852"><p>Does anyone have any recommendation charts of vehicle tow rates or expertise in the field. We are looking at buying a camper and I am always seeing conflicting messages about what can pull what. I will be pulling with a 2000 Yukon XL 1500 5.3L V-8. Not planning on pulling it across the country, maybe a couple 100 miles tops. I am aware my speed will need to decrease to pull it. All campers are listed with a dry and loaded weight and I have been mostly looking at the loaded weight to be safe. Am I off base with thinking the 7,000-7,500lbs (loaded weight) is the max I want in a camper? Too heavy? Also, any thoughts on length? I am for sure not going over 30' max trailer length. Thoughts, Advice? :;:help</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="GSM, post: 174827, member: 852"] Does anyone have any recommendation charts of vehicle tow rates or expertise in the field. We are looking at buying a camper and I am always seeing conflicting messages about what can pull what. I will be pulling with a 2000 Yukon XL 1500 5.3L V-8. Not planning on pulling it across the country, maybe a couple 100 miles tops. I am aware my speed will need to decrease to pull it. All campers are listed with a dry and loaded weight and I have been mostly looking at the loaded weight to be safe. Am I off base with thinking the 7,000-7,500lbs (loaded weight) is the max I want in a camper? Too heavy? Also, any thoughts on length? I am for sure not going over 30' max trailer length. Thoughts, Advice? :;:help [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Lotsa bots
Latest: Maddog
3 minutes ago
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Jiffy
36 minutes ago
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
How heavy of camper can I pull?
Top
Bottom