What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
How heavy of camper can I pull?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="PrairieGhost" data-source="post: 174839" data-attributes="member: 704"><p>I think we are on camper number six. My first was a 24ft travel trailer. I bought a new 1993 GMC half ton with a 350. The dealer said I could pull any camper I wanted. Nope. So we traded for a new 5600 pound fifth wheel. Couldn't do a good job with that either so we bought a ultralight 23 foot fifth wheel. That 4600 pounds and pulled ok. Coming back from Minnesota and 20 miles west of Fargo I tried to pass an 18 wheeler doing 70. I could get up speed, but the air coming off his front stopped me. I could make it right up to his door then it stopped me. So we traded trucks and campers. Now with 17000 pounds behind I have to watch so I don't brake the speed limit. I once pulled that little fifth wheel to the Badlands for turkey season. 45 mile an hour wind, 50 mile per hour truck, five miles to the gallon.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="PrairieGhost, post: 174839, member: 704"] I think we are on camper number six. My first was a 24ft travel trailer. I bought a new 1993 GMC half ton with a 350. The dealer said I could pull any camper I wanted. Nope. So we traded for a new 5600 pound fifth wheel. Couldn't do a good job with that either so we bought a ultralight 23 foot fifth wheel. That 4600 pounds and pulled ok. Coming back from Minnesota and 20 miles west of Fargo I tried to pass an 18 wheeler doing 70. I could get up speed, but the air coming off his front stopped me. I could make it right up to his door then it stopped me. So we traded trucks and campers. Now with 17000 pounds behind I have to watch so I don't brake the speed limit. I once pulled that little fifth wheel to the Badlands for turkey season. 45 mile an hour wind, 50 mile per hour truck, five miles to the gallon. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Lotsa bots
Latest: Maddog
3 minutes ago
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Jiffy
36 minutes ago
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
How heavy of camper can I pull?
Top
Bottom