What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
How heavy of camper can I pull?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Kickemup" data-source="post: 174850" data-attributes="member: 283"><p>Get some 10ply for the truck and break controller. Air bags would help. I used to pull a 32' tt with my 02 chevy 1500 with a 5.3. I only had 8 ply the first year and it sucked. The rear tires seamed like they would roll side to side when driving. I also had a 3/4 ton suspension in the back to keep the truck leveled. I would never go any larger than a 28' again with a 1500. The pickup just doesn't weigh enough to safety pull it. I kept my speed around 50 with that setup. Yes these new 1500 pickups can pull 9000lbs. But there breaks can't stop 9000lbs safety.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Kickemup, post: 174850, member: 283"] Get some 10ply for the truck and break controller. Air bags would help. I used to pull a 32' tt with my 02 chevy 1500 with a 5.3. I only had 8 ply the first year and it sucked. The rear tires seamed like they would roll side to side when driving. I also had a 3/4 ton suspension in the back to keep the truck leveled. I would never go any larger than a 28' again with a 1500. The pickup just doesn't weigh enough to safety pull it. I kept my speed around 50 with that setup. Yes these new 1500 pickups can pull 9000lbs. But there breaks can't stop 9000lbs safety. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Lotsa bots
Latest: Jiffy
1 minute ago
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: lunkerslayer
Today at 6:26 AM
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
How heavy of camper can I pull?
Top
Bottom