What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
How to preserve hunting when all land is posted
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="fly2cast" data-source="post: 313353" data-attributes="member: 656"><p>Posted land is a real issue for me and I don't know if there are any good solutions other than more money. Continue the plots program but boost the money and open more land. I'm getting to the point that I no longer care about not making the landowner mad about hunting legislation. At this point, there is so much posted land I don't know how you can make it any worse. Some of you must have the best of talking skills because in my experience, most landowners will not let you hunt. This year I had my daughters (college age) make the calls to landowners thinking that the landowner would grant permission to two gals hunting for their does. Five out of five said no. And its not like we called a landowner with premium hunting spots that everybody wanted. They were average hunting spots at best. Not even sure if there were deer in those locations. And I'm not going to help the farmer pick rocks or fence to allow me to hunt. If you guys want to do that, be my guest. I don't have the time to do that. Never had to do that kind of crap years ago and the farmers were more than happy to have you shoot some of those pests off their land. </p><p></p><p>One of the problems as I see it is that the more land that gets posted, the more likely the next landowner will post. What happens is that any tract of land that isn't posted get hit very hard by hunters, which pisses off the landowner so that the next year, he will post. Not sure how to stop that. The answer might actually be to really limit the amount of deer gun licenses, including gratis. Or lengthen the season by three or four weeks so that not everybody hunts at the same time.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="fly2cast, post: 313353, member: 656"] Posted land is a real issue for me and I don't know if there are any good solutions other than more money. Continue the plots program but boost the money and open more land. I'm getting to the point that I no longer care about not making the landowner mad about hunting legislation. At this point, there is so much posted land I don't know how you can make it any worse. Some of you must have the best of talking skills because in my experience, most landowners will not let you hunt. This year I had my daughters (college age) make the calls to landowners thinking that the landowner would grant permission to two gals hunting for their does. Five out of five said no. And its not like we called a landowner with premium hunting spots that everybody wanted. They were average hunting spots at best. Not even sure if there were deer in those locations. And I'm not going to help the farmer pick rocks or fence to allow me to hunt. If you guys want to do that, be my guest. I don't have the time to do that. Never had to do that kind of crap years ago and the farmers were more than happy to have you shoot some of those pests off their land. One of the problems as I see it is that the more land that gets posted, the more likely the next landowner will post. What happens is that any tract of land that isn't posted get hit very hard by hunters, which pisses off the landowner so that the next year, he will post. Not sure how to stop that. The answer might actually be to really limit the amount of deer gun licenses, including gratis. Or lengthen the season by three or four weeks so that not everybody hunts at the same time. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
How to preserve hunting when all land is posted
Top
Bottom