What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
How to preserve hunting when all land is posted
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="deleted user" data-source="post: 313359" data-attributes="member: 1778"><p>MarbleEyez that's great and I'm sincerely thankful for landowners like you, I think we all are. Lots of times though a farmer or rancher just doesn't like seeing a truck they don't know pulling into their yard and you're immediately off on the wrong foot. ND is heading down the wrong path, thanks to the all powerful ag groups controlling the dinosaurs and idiots in our legislative body, the slobs who poach/trespass/trash land, and the sour land owners. The ag groups I understand, even if I disagree with their goals. They want every inch of the state in production. No public land, no hunting, just a big private garden with cattle. The land owners, namely the "lockout" group, I don't understand. Not all that long ago hunters and farmers saw eye to eye. I remember my uncle would leave bales around sloughs for duck and goose hunters, eat his lunch with whoever was picking up dekes after shooting geese in his fields, tell strangers where they could get a deer and help push his own tree rows. Now my cousin straight up patrols the land, borderline harassing people who drive the gravel roads in his area. The old men at cenex used to tell me where to go and to "shoot 'em all!". There's obviously still more good guy landowners than assholes, but the assholes have a bigger presence especially on social media, which is what I think is driving a bigger wedge between everyone.</p><p></p><p>Before this becomes an bigger essay; I'll throw in my $0.02. Re-write the law and remove the cap on public acres. Sorry farm bureau, you can't have it all to yourself. Game and Fish, hold hunter/landowner round table / pint nights in every district available to ALL of the public, not pre-selected senators / lobbyists / group leaders. Let people discuss problems and network, God forbid people find out they have things in common and share similar interests. Expand the PLOTS program, expand CRP acres, Cap the number of G/O, Increase the number of wardens. Its not impossible when you see how much money is wasted in other areas.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="deleted user, post: 313359, member: 1778"] MarbleEyez that's great and I'm sincerely thankful for landowners like you, I think we all are. Lots of times though a farmer or rancher just doesn't like seeing a truck they don't know pulling into their yard and you're immediately off on the wrong foot. ND is heading down the wrong path, thanks to the all powerful ag groups controlling the dinosaurs and idiots in our legislative body, the slobs who poach/trespass/trash land, and the sour land owners. The ag groups I understand, even if I disagree with their goals. They want every inch of the state in production. No public land, no hunting, just a big private garden with cattle. The land owners, namely the "lockout" group, I don't understand. Not all that long ago hunters and farmers saw eye to eye. I remember my uncle would leave bales around sloughs for duck and goose hunters, eat his lunch with whoever was picking up dekes after shooting geese in his fields, tell strangers where they could get a deer and help push his own tree rows. Now my cousin straight up patrols the land, borderline harassing people who drive the gravel roads in his area. The old men at cenex used to tell me where to go and to "shoot 'em all!". There's obviously still more good guy landowners than assholes, but the assholes have a bigger presence especially on social media, which is what I think is driving a bigger wedge between everyone. Before this becomes an bigger essay; I'll throw in my $0.02. Re-write the law and remove the cap on public acres. Sorry farm bureau, you can't have it all to yourself. Game and Fish, hold hunter/landowner round table / pint nights in every district available to ALL of the public, not pre-selected senators / lobbyists / group leaders. Let people discuss problems and network, God forbid people find out they have things in common and share similar interests. Expand the PLOTS program, expand CRP acres, Cap the number of G/O, Increase the number of wardens. Its not impossible when you see how much money is wasted in other areas. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
How to preserve hunting when all land is posted
Top
Bottom