What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
Humminbird networking question
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Browneye" data-source="post: 245689" data-attributes="member: 1051"><p>So I have a 859 on my bow plugged into my minn kota trolling motor. I have been wanting to buy a helix 9 mega this spring mostly because the 9 could network and have mega which the 7 couldn't. Well now with the new helix 7 si G3n it appears that is has mega and can be networked. I know alot of people will tell me to get the bigger screened 8" 9" or 10" but money for Me is an issue. I thought if I could run Mega full screen on the console, I also have a Lowrance elite 5 at the console i could run in 2 D or the navionics chip. I was told that I would be able to also view the side image on my 859 even though it doesn't have si if it were networked with a unit that has si. So my question for People that have networked units how does it work? Could i only see si on the front unit if the si page is active at the back? Or could I see si at the bow while still seeing down image at the back or 2D? From what i have seen online the ethernet hub and cable will run Me around $300 so I'm just trying to get a feel for if its going to be worth if for me to connect the 2 units. I should be able to see waypoints from the back unit to the front but do they physically move onto the front unit or only visible if have the back unit on? I really didn't want to drop a grand on one but it looks like the 7G3N will be $800 and the 8 G3n will be $900 and has 2 sd slots so I could map chip and autochart without having to swap chips every time which I would have to do with the 7. I thought that would be a big deal for Me but now not sure how much I would autochart. Looking to buy maybe at the Scheels spot at sport show they tend to knock off $100 to $200 at the show. Also if its still cheaper online would scheels price match at the sport show booth? I know alot of questions but appreciate any input.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Browneye, post: 245689, member: 1051"] So I have a 859 on my bow plugged into my minn kota trolling motor. I have been wanting to buy a helix 9 mega this spring mostly because the 9 could network and have mega which the 7 couldn't. Well now with the new helix 7 si G3n it appears that is has mega and can be networked. I know alot of people will tell me to get the bigger screened 8" 9" or 10" but money for Me is an issue. I thought if I could run Mega full screen on the console, I also have a Lowrance elite 5 at the console i could run in 2 D or the navionics chip. I was told that I would be able to also view the side image on my 859 even though it doesn't have si if it were networked with a unit that has si. So my question for People that have networked units how does it work? Could i only see si on the front unit if the si page is active at the back? Or could I see si at the bow while still seeing down image at the back or 2D? From what i have seen online the ethernet hub and cable will run Me around $300 so I'm just trying to get a feel for if its going to be worth if for me to connect the 2 units. I should be able to see waypoints from the back unit to the front but do they physically move onto the front unit or only visible if have the back unit on? I really didn't want to drop a grand on one but it looks like the 7G3N will be $800 and the 8 G3n will be $900 and has 2 sd slots so I could map chip and autochart without having to swap chips every time which I would have to do with the 7. I thought that would be a big deal for Me but now not sure how much I would autochart. Looking to buy maybe at the Scheels spot at sport show they tend to knock off $100 to $200 at the show. Also if its still cheaper online would scheels price match at the sport show booth? I know alot of questions but appreciate any input. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
14 minutes ago
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
52 minutes ago
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
59 minutes ago
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Today at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Today at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Today at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Today at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Today at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Today at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Today at 5:58 PM
RAY AREA
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 4:52 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
Humminbird networking question
Top
Bottom