What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
Humminbird networking question
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Velva_zv21" data-source="post: 245690" data-attributes="member: 5600"><p>If you have units networked together you'll be able to use the Si or Di at both units independently (one unit on 2d sonar and other unit on Si or Di). And and to my understanding I don't think you can network with the 859 unit. It has to be a g2n or g3n, basically a networking compatible unit. I could be wrong on this about the 859 but I have no clue. Sharing waypoints will show on all units that are networked together. No need to hit a waypoint on one unit and then run to the bow and hit the waypoint on that unit. You hit waypoint on one and it will show up on both. And once a waypoint is in the graph you will be able to see the waypoint regardless if the other graph is powered up or not. What do you have for a trolling motor? It's nice sometimes to run the trolling motor from the graph for cruise control and auto pilot for trolling. That's if you have your graphs and trolling motor hooked up to the network box. It's not necessary but it's nice and kind of a pain in the butt with the lakemaster chip if you fish allot of different states and lakes, you have to buy 2 lakemaster chips (one for each graph) if you fish different areas. I have dakotas, minnesota, Wisconsin, montana, rainy lake and river. Which gets expensive at 100 to 150 bucks a piece. I have helix 9 mega Si g2n and helix 12 g2n and terrova all networked. Nice to have mega si on the 12 when I didn't have to pay mega price. I haven't had any issues besides getting everything set up rite on the settings on each graph when I first installed, took me a couple weeks of trouble shooting and talking with humminbird on the phone but we got it figured out. Mega imaging was only 2 weeks old when I did the networking. As far as auto chart live I haven't played with that yet but it's something I'm interested in cause some areas I fish the lakemaster chip lake contour doesn't necessarily match up with my depth on my 2d, and yes I've played with lake water offset and it still don't add up, so for that reason I'd like to map that area. Scheels should price match anything except Amazon and Ebay? I think. Maybe someone else can chime in... any other questions feel free to ask as i'l try to help the best I can</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Velva_zv21, post: 245690, member: 5600"] If you have units networked together you'll be able to use the Si or Di at both units independently (one unit on 2d sonar and other unit on Si or Di). And and to my understanding I don't think you can network with the 859 unit. It has to be a g2n or g3n, basically a networking compatible unit. I could be wrong on this about the 859 but I have no clue. Sharing waypoints will show on all units that are networked together. No need to hit a waypoint on one unit and then run to the bow and hit the waypoint on that unit. You hit waypoint on one and it will show up on both. And once a waypoint is in the graph you will be able to see the waypoint regardless if the other graph is powered up or not. What do you have for a trolling motor? It's nice sometimes to run the trolling motor from the graph for cruise control and auto pilot for trolling. That's if you have your graphs and trolling motor hooked up to the network box. It's not necessary but it's nice and kind of a pain in the butt with the lakemaster chip if you fish allot of different states and lakes, you have to buy 2 lakemaster chips (one for each graph) if you fish different areas. I have dakotas, minnesota, Wisconsin, montana, rainy lake and river. Which gets expensive at 100 to 150 bucks a piece. I have helix 9 mega Si g2n and helix 12 g2n and terrova all networked. Nice to have mega si on the 12 when I didn't have to pay mega price. I haven't had any issues besides getting everything set up rite on the settings on each graph when I first installed, took me a couple weeks of trouble shooting and talking with humminbird on the phone but we got it figured out. Mega imaging was only 2 weeks old when I did the networking. As far as auto chart live I haven't played with that yet but it's something I'm interested in cause some areas I fish the lakemaster chip lake contour doesn't necessarily match up with my depth on my 2d, and yes I've played with lake water offset and it still don't add up, so for that reason I'd like to map that area. Scheels should price match anything except Amazon and Ebay? I think. Maybe someone else can chime in... any other questions feel free to ask as i'l try to help the best I can [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
14 minutes ago
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
52 minutes ago
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
59 minutes ago
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Today at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Today at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Today at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Today at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Today at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Today at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Today at 5:58 PM
RAY AREA
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 4:52 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
Humminbird networking question
Top
Bottom