What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
Recipes
Independence PBJ Ribs
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="luvcatchingbass" data-source="post: 223415" data-attributes="member: 1979"><p>I was trying to decide what to throw on the smoker to celebrate Independence Day and decided to ask my 6 year old daughter, she said ribs so who am I to argue especially when she gives the puppy face (she loves ribs). Tuesday night I threw them in a little marinade that was totally random with a little of this and that.</p><p>After I pulled and patted them dry the next morning I just felt like I wanted to try something different besides just my rub. That is when I thought why not spread some Skippy on first then a coat of rub. Let them sit for a couple hours in the fridge then got the smoker fired up and started thinking I wonder how can I baste or glaze with peanut butter? I found some homemade strawberry rhubarb jam and decided to make a sauce with peanut butter and jam with a touch of local honey, what can go wrong right, had to thin the sauce a little bit with liquid and just added different amounts till I liked it. Ran smoker at around 240-250 with charcoal and oak and ash, 4hrs on then wrapped for 1-2 till we were ready to eat. they were fall apart tender and just delicious with a nice little twist from normal for use. Through together some coleslaw and roasted some corn on the grill. Enjoy the pics</p><p>[ATTACH]25462[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]25463[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]25464[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]25465[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]25466[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]25467[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]25468[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]25469[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]25470[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]25471[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]25472[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]25473[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]25474[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]25476[/ATTACH]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="luvcatchingbass, post: 223415, member: 1979"] I was trying to decide what to throw on the smoker to celebrate Independence Day and decided to ask my 6 year old daughter, she said ribs so who am I to argue especially when she gives the puppy face (she loves ribs). Tuesday night I threw them in a little marinade that was totally random with a little of this and that. After I pulled and patted them dry the next morning I just felt like I wanted to try something different besides just my rub. That is when I thought why not spread some Skippy on first then a coat of rub. Let them sit for a couple hours in the fridge then got the smoker fired up and started thinking I wonder how can I baste or glaze with peanut butter? I found some homemade strawberry rhubarb jam and decided to make a sauce with peanut butter and jam with a touch of local honey, what can go wrong right, had to thin the sauce a little bit with liquid and just added different amounts till I liked it. Ran smoker at around 240-250 with charcoal and oak and ash, 4hrs on then wrapped for 1-2 till we were ready to eat. they were fall apart tender and just delicious with a nice little twist from normal for use. Through together some coleslaw and roasted some corn on the grill. Enjoy the pics [ATTACH=CONFIG]25462._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]25463._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]25464._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]25465._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]25466._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]25467._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]25468._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]25469._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]25470._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]25471._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]25472._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]25473._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]25474._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]25476._xfImport[/ATTACH] [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
Recipes
Independence PBJ Ribs
Top
Bottom