Interested in a side byside

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am Interested in a UTV and wondering if buying from a private owner if there are any taxes like buying a used boat. And also wondering if anyone out there has a Polaris or Honda with tracks and tires, they were looking to upgrade, must be a 900 or bigger and have power steering, a heater and cab, like new condition and a couple years old. looking to spend $19,000 $20,000 thousand Rzr, Ranger type of vehicles
let me know what you have
Thanks

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
If looking for a winter fishing vehicle i would go with the Ranger. Way easier to get in and out of.
You will have to pay sales tax when you title and license it.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was thinking about one of those Generals also, looks like the best of both worlds
thanks for the advice
they get ya every time with them taxes

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you write the bill of sale, write it appropriatly so there isn't so much tax. I.e. you paid $10K for tracks, cab, and winch. Then $5k for a ranger.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was thinking about one of those Generals also, looks like the best of both worlds
thanks for the advice
they get ya every time with them taxes

We had a Ranger on the farm and it was great and easy to get in and out of. Our daughter and her husband bought it and we bought a General when we moved to town. No comparison between the two. Ranger is great for in and out and haul or working it hard. General is very nice ride (like a cadillac compared to Ranger) way more power and the seats are way better than our pickup seats. Box is nice but doesn't haul as much as the Ranger.
Depends on what you want to use it for. For an all around i would go Ranger. For speed, performance, ride, and handling i would go General. Power steering is WAY better in the Ranger than the General. No comparison there. Figure out what you want it for.
Have some farmer buddies back home that 6 of them bought the new air conditioned/heated with cab Rangers and they love them. Said cab is made so hardly any dust gets in there. Most cabs you will get dust and some quite a bit. But guessing you will be knocking on $30,000 for new with tracks.
Also if running tracks on Rangers if you don't put some thing on it when putting on tracks it will say you have way more miles than you actually went. Heard this from quite a few that had tracks. Most guys i know don't put the item on.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88