What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Gear and Accessories
Electronics
Interference on Side Imaging
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Slappy" data-source="post: 343423" data-attributes="member: 7608"><p>[ATTACH]52482[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>Looking for ideas to track down this interference issue. Side imaging gets a washout effect when trolling motor prop is on. The photo shows a darker band which is the short interval I turned off the prop on the trolling motor to take the photo.</p><p></p><p>It is definitely electrical interference as evidenced by the immediate change when turning thrust on or off. There is no difference whether trolling motor speed is 1 or 10. It has nothing to do with the prop turning in the water as it does the same thing with the prop out of the water. </p><p></p><p>Minn-kota terrova 36v with 3 dedicated trolling batteries. Cranking/house battery powers everything else. The only physical connection between the trolling batteries and the house battery is the 4 bank pro mariner onboard charger. As those circuits are isolated, I wouldn't expect that to be the issue but I haven't tried disconnecting the charger leads.</p><p></p><p>The minnkota has US2, which I unplugged from the graph to confirm that connection was not the culprit.</p><p></p><p>The trolling motor power wires do not run anywhere near the transducer cable.</p><p></p><p>I am struggling to think of what else I can check. Any ideas or similar experience? Thanks.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Slappy, post: 343423, member: 7608"] [ATTACH=CONFIG]52482._xfImport[/ATTACH] Looking for ideas to track down this interference issue. Side imaging gets a washout effect when trolling motor prop is on. The photo shows a darker band which is the short interval I turned off the prop on the trolling motor to take the photo. It is definitely electrical interference as evidenced by the immediate change when turning thrust on or off. There is no difference whether trolling motor speed is 1 or 10. It has nothing to do with the prop turning in the water as it does the same thing with the prop out of the water. Minn-kota terrova 36v with 3 dedicated trolling batteries. Cranking/house battery powers everything else. The only physical connection between the trolling batteries and the house battery is the 4 bank pro mariner onboard charger. As those circuits are isolated, I wouldn't expect that to be the issue but I haven't tried disconnecting the charger leads. The minnkota has US2, which I unplugged from the graph to confirm that connection was not the culprit. The trolling motor power wires do not run anywhere near the transducer cable. I am struggling to think of what else I can check. Any ideas or similar experience? Thanks. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
28 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Gear and Accessories
Electronics
Interference on Side Imaging
Top
Bottom