What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
K-drill rage
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="MarbleEyez" data-source="post: 245196" data-attributes="member: 1292"><p>I ran my 40V Strikemaster 10" this weekend on Lake Winnipeg in -30, and I have ZERO complaints. I was overly impressed. The only time I had an issue was when I didn't put the battery in the cab when we moved from spots. Just needed to let that battery warm up and it ran flawlessly. When I was letting the battery warm up, I fired up the Jiffy Pro-4 Propane. And that got the job done also. I've been using that Jiffy Propane 10" Auger for the last 4 seasons up there and have had minimal issues. As long as you keep the bottle in your jacket or cab of the ranger, it'll run. With it being that cold, we did have to pull on it about 20 times to get everything loose. But when it's -30 out, what more do you expect. </p><p></p><p>I will tell you that after using that 40V Strikemaster, I'll never look back! We drilled 20+ holes, through 30"+/- of ice, in -20+ conditions, on 1 battery in one day. And does that auger ever eat ice!</p><p></p><p>As to the 8" vs 10". We used an 8" auger several years back, and we hooked more fish on the bottom of the ice trying to get their heads through the hole. I have yet to have a consecutive problem with that, using a 10". But with this last trip, I didn't have a fish 28'+ either!!</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="MarbleEyez, post: 245196, member: 1292"] I ran my 40V Strikemaster 10" this weekend on Lake Winnipeg in -30, and I have ZERO complaints. I was overly impressed. The only time I had an issue was when I didn't put the battery in the cab when we moved from spots. Just needed to let that battery warm up and it ran flawlessly. When I was letting the battery warm up, I fired up the Jiffy Pro-4 Propane. And that got the job done also. I've been using that Jiffy Propane 10" Auger for the last 4 seasons up there and have had minimal issues. As long as you keep the bottle in your jacket or cab of the ranger, it'll run. With it being that cold, we did have to pull on it about 20 times to get everything loose. But when it's -30 out, what more do you expect. I will tell you that after using that 40V Strikemaster, I'll never look back! We drilled 20+ holes, through 30"+/- of ice, in -20+ conditions, on 1 battery in one day. And does that auger ever eat ice! As to the 8" vs 10". We used an 8" auger several years back, and we hooked more fish on the bottom of the ice trying to get their heads through the hole. I have yet to have a consecutive problem with that, using a 10". But with this last trip, I didn't have a fish 28'+ either!! [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: svnmag
18 minutes ago
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: wslayer
Today at 6:08 PM
C
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: camper
Today at 5:32 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: 3Roosters
Today at 4:45 PM
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: Rowdie
Today at 4:23 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Today at 3:36 PM
ISO Vizsla pup
Latest: Yoby
Today at 3:17 PM
migration 26
Latest: 1lessdog
Today at 12:37 PM
Fall fishing?
Latest: sdwxman
Today at 8:43 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Today at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Today at 6:02 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Ham/Women
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Yesterday at 6:52 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 2:31 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: Davy Crockett
Sunday at 8:43 PM
T
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Twitch
Sunday at 7:24 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: wslayer
Sunday at 5:33 PM
Sale
STEINER Predator 12 x 50
Latest: 1lessdog
Saturday at 4:27 PM
A
Steak Knives?
Latest: Auggie
Saturday at 4:12 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:39 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
K-drill rage
Top
Bottom