What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Keeping traditions going
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Trapper62" data-source="post: 499043" data-attributes="member: 516"><p>My family had “traditions” that were done every year and kind of were more normal activities to us than traditional I guess!</p><p></p><p>My dad always cured some of his deer every year the way he was taught and as I got older was involved with this as well as many other things we did. I’m sure at some point in our past these things were done out of necessity, now they seem like they are more of a treat!!</p><p></p><p>The venison in the photo was salt cured like we did as a kid, then hung up and aged for 4 months. It can be chipped and eaten on toast with a gravy but I really enjoy just slicing it thin and eating it. This specific piece will be three years old in February. I make a few pieces every year because my family likes it, this piece has been my experiment to see just how long properly cured meat will last.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Trapper62, post: 499043, member: 516"] My family had “traditions” that were done every year and kind of were more normal activities to us than traditional I guess! My dad always cured some of his deer every year the way he was taught and as I got older was involved with this as well as many other things we did. I’m sure at some point in our past these things were done out of necessity, now they seem like they are more of a treat!! The venison in the photo was salt cured like we did as a kid, then hung up and aged for 4 months. It can be chipped and eaten on toast with a gravy but I really enjoy just slicing it thin and eating it. This specific piece will be three years old in February. I make a few pieces every year because my family likes it, this piece has been my experiment to see just how long properly cured meat will last. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Keeping traditions going
Latest: JMF
21 minutes ago
I
Bone in Venison Chops??
Latest: Iwhackwheat
Today at 10:38 AM
Pheasant opener # 57
Latest: Jiffy
Today at 10:17 AM
M
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: measure-it
Today at 9:52 AM
ND suppressor laws update?
Latest: SDMF
Today at 9:25 AM
IDK: Serene/Creek Trout YT
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 8:47 PM
Are the Brits are friends?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 8:11 PM
Generation X
Latest: lunkerslayer
Yesterday at 8:06 PM
Teachers
Latest: wslayer
Yesterday at 6:25 PM
M9 Moose
Latest: wslayer
Yesterday at 5:16 PM
C
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: camper
Yesterday at 4:48 PM
What happened to DB-2
Latest: Jiffy
Yesterday at 1:23 PM
M
M11 cow moose
Latest: Mhall92
Yesterday at 12:49 PM
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: Rowdie
Yesterday at 11:24 AM
M
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: measure-it
Yesterday at 10:49 AM
R
migration 26
Latest: riverview
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
This is very sad and wrong
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 7:00 AM
Braid To Braid
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 4:24 AM
Henry Garden Gun YT
Latest: svnmag
Friday at 7:46 PM
Interesting Look!!!!!
Latest: risingsun
Friday at 6:10 PM
Boys had a heck of a weekend
Latest: Yoby
Friday at 11:24 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Keeping traditions going
Top
Bottom