What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
Leadcore
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="wkndwarrior" data-source="post: 256499" data-attributes="member: 2073"><p>Ask 10 different people and you'll get 10 different answers. Personally I don't do a ton of it but I run 2 set ups with a little mono backing and I measured off like 10' is all and then tied that to my leadcore so it had a good bite to the reel. I then on the business end have a super small swivel that goes through the guides of the rod then tied to about 15' of 10lb fireline. I also run the suffix advantage leadcore so I don't have to run as much line out as standard leadcore. I also try to run my drags a little on the loose side with this setup as there is very little stretch. I usually turn the bait clickers on, start trolling and back the drags down till they slip and tighten a little from there so you still get a decent hook set. Also note when pulling this stuff it is very speed dependent. The faster you go the shallower your baits will be. The slower you go the deeper they will go. I forced myself to use them a fair amount last year and learned a lot on my own but am by no means a pro. Always fun to fish with someone else so you can pick up on other little things. Good luck and have fun.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="wkndwarrior, post: 256499, member: 2073"] Ask 10 different people and you'll get 10 different answers. Personally I don't do a ton of it but I run 2 set ups with a little mono backing and I measured off like 10' is all and then tied that to my leadcore so it had a good bite to the reel. I then on the business end have a super small swivel that goes through the guides of the rod then tied to about 15' of 10lb fireline. I also run the suffix advantage leadcore so I don't have to run as much line out as standard leadcore. I also try to run my drags a little on the loose side with this setup as there is very little stretch. I usually turn the bait clickers on, start trolling and back the drags down till they slip and tighten a little from there so you still get a decent hook set. Also note when pulling this stuff it is very speed dependent. The faster you go the shallower your baits will be. The slower you go the deeper they will go. I forced myself to use them a fair amount last year and learned a lot on my own but am by no means a pro. Always fun to fish with someone else so you can pick up on other little things. Good luck and have fun. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
8 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
Leadcore
Top
Bottom