What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Little known gotcha's in life
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Allen" data-source="post: 295078" data-attributes="member: 389"><p style="text-align: left"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">After reading the Nordic Track post, I thought I'd share something that may be a bit more of a risk with this whole social distancing and limited services thing.</span></span></p> <p style="text-align: left"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'"></span></span></p> <p style="text-align: left"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">Last week Tuesday I went to my bank to make a deposit. In general I always have liked going into the bank to make deposits, etc. Well, given the current pandemic, nobody is allowed inside of banks for simple stuff any more. The lines at the driveup teller were pretty long, so I thought "no problem, I'll just use the ATM", because while not my preferred method, I have done it in the past without problems. During the deposit the ATM malfunctioned and cancelled the deposit. And then it really malfunctioned and was unable to return the two checks I was trying to deposit in the first place.</span></span></p> <p style="text-align: left"></p> <p style="text-align: left"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">Well shit, so I went to the driveup teller window and gave them the slip of paper the ATM handed me. Nope, they are not able to help me with an ATM malfunction, you must call the number on the receipt given. So I call the number on the receipt and then get the effing run around that they have up to </span></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 22px"><p style="text-align: left"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">45 <span style="font-size: 10px">days to resolve the issue. The damn issue is that I have two checks stuck in an ATM at your facility and it's going to take up to 45 days?!? I know the bank employee that had to go unjam the ATM in order for others to use it actually has/had my checks in his hand because he even called me to let me know that, and yes he can verify that the deposits were not made.</span></span></span></p></span></p><p style="text-align: left"><span style="font-size: 22px"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'"><span style="font-size: 10px"></span></span></span></p></span></p><p style="text-align: left"><span style="font-size: 22px"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'"><span style="font-size: 10px">I am now on day 8 after the ATM malfunction and I've heard nothing from the bank.</span></span></span></p></span></p><p style="text-align: left"><span style="font-size: 22px"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'"><span style="font-size: 10px"></span></span></span></p></span></p><p style="text-align: left"><span style="font-size: 22px"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'"><span style="font-size: 10px">That's right people, no hints of deceit, fraud, or any other kinds of malfeasance on my behalf and the bank can/will hold your money up to 45 days. I suppose after that is where you can then raise a fuss.</span></span></span></p></span></p><p style="text-align: left"><span style="font-size: 22px"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'"><span style="font-size: 10px"></span></span></span></p></span></p><p style="text-align: left"><span style="font-size: 22px"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'"><span style="font-size: 10px"></span></span></span></p></span></p><p style="text-align: left"><span style="font-size: 22px"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'"><span style="font-size: 10px"></span></span></span></p></span></p><p style="text-align: left"><span style="font-size: 22px"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'"><span style="font-size: 10px"></span></span></span></p></span></p><p style="text-align: left"><span style="font-size: 22px"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'"><span style="font-size: 10px">What have you all learned lately that made you go "WTF"?</span></span></span></p></span></p><p style="text-align: left"><span style="font-size: 22px"><span style="color: #222222"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'"><span style="font-size: 10px"></span></span></span></p><p></span></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Allen, post: 295078, member: 389"] [LEFT][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]After reading the Nordic Track post, I thought I'd share something that may be a bit more of a risk with this whole social distancing and limited services thing. Last week Tuesday I went to my bank to make a deposit. In general I always have liked going into the bank to make deposits, etc. Well, given the current pandemic, nobody is allowed inside of banks for simple stuff any more. The lines at the driveup teller were pretty long, so I thought "no problem, I'll just use the ATM", because while not my preferred method, I have done it in the past without problems. During the deposit the ATM malfunctioned and cancelled the deposit. And then it really malfunctioned and was unable to return the two checks I was trying to deposit in the first place.[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Well shit, so I went to the driveup teller window and gave them the slip of paper the ATM handed me. Nope, they are not able to help me with an ATM malfunction, you must call the number on the receipt given. So I call the number on the receipt and then get the effing run around that they have up to [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT][SIZE=6][LEFT][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]45 [SIZE=2]days to resolve the issue. The damn issue is that I have two checks stuck in an ATM at your facility and it's going to take up to 45 days?!? I know the bank employee that had to go unjam the ATM in order for others to use it actually has/had my checks in his hand because he even called me to let me know that, and yes he can verify that the deposits were not made. I am now on day 8 after the ATM malfunction and I've heard nothing from the bank. That's right people, no hints of deceit, fraud, or any other kinds of malfeasance on my behalf and the bank can/will hold your money up to 45 days. I suppose after that is where you can then raise a fuss. What have you all learned lately that made you go "WTF"? [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT][/SIZE] [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
5 minutes ago
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
12 minutes ago
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Today at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Today at 9:54 PM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Rowdie
Today at 9:44 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Today at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Today at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Today at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Today at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Today at 5:58 PM
RAY AREA
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 4:52 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Little known gotcha's in life
Top
Bottom