Livewells

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey,

Google is letting me down on this one. Can anyone tell me where I can go to purchase a live well or have one custom made.
I need to downsize my live well to create some battery storage in the bow of my boat and would like to look for a viable replacement.

Thanks in advance!

Thumbs Up

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
isn't there a place in bis that does plastic fabrication. I need to replace a baitwell.

hogslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know your frustration. When tore down my old boat to the shell to replace the floor and carpet I changed the layout of it and added a larger livewell in the bow. I wound up purchasing a large sportsman's tote from runnings and fabricating my own since that is the only thing I could find to fit the dimensions i needed and it worked perfectly. It doesn't hurt to get creative sometimes. With my current boat I actually have my trolling batteries located under the console's (walk through boat) in battery tray's so I'm not losing any compartment space.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha I always get a laugh;:;rofl out of the hi speed stringer draggers, that forget to put the stringer in the boat before takeoff!

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha I always get a laugh;:;rofl out of the hi speed stringer draggers, that forget to put the stringer in the boat before takeoff!

Guilty. I once lost a nice limit of rainbow trout in Alaska speeding off into the sunset dragging the old stringer

Newgard

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know of a custom livewell manufacturer in the area. However have you considered making a "cooler" out of your current livewell and to forego trying to keep your fish alive only to kill them 3 hours later? Throw a bag of ice in the cooler throw your fish on top. Save your money and have fresh cold fish when you get home instead of slimy warm water dead fish hottub. Unless you're doing tournaments I don't see the appeal of the livewell. I'm waiting for the day all of the boats go this route with all the AIS threats and everything else I don't see the value in livewell I would much prefer a built in fish cooler you could let cold water in and out of dependent upon the time of year.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly, I wish they made insulation inserts. Livewells basically worthless these days. Freeze up some milk jugs and a bag of ice, good to go

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
While funny, all the links came up red, meaning I had all ready clicked on them. I was hoping for a more local solution. But thanks for your helpful input.

The cooler idea is good, but no room for that either, darn 16' boat.

I think I have found my solution once I got the front deck and live well out. If I relocate my fill hose and put the batteries in with an on-board charger before I put the deck back on. I may just be able to make it work out.

Thanks for everybody's help.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You need an in-floor Yeti, except you'd probably have to carry those big plastic hammers like on the crab boats in the Bearing Sea have for de-icing.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy moly that was funny. I've never seen that before.

Are you getting too many clicks and conversation? We could indeed ask the Flushing Hole Guys first or tune into here for witty insight, rapier wit and sound advice about women.

- - - Updated - - -

and local experience with custom livewells.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 59
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19