What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
Looking for Mr Heater advice
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="man in the box" data-source="post: 288679" data-attributes="member: 950"><p>I've told this story on here before, but better to be safe than sorry...</p><p></p><p style="text-align: left"><span style="color: #333333"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">Have to add a story of how I almost messed up big time. About 20 years ago, I was on a little lake all to myself sitting in my Clam Jr. (the 4'x6') suitcase. Had the propane heater fired up and the lantern was on as well. Having a couple cold ones and listening to tunes, I went to fire up a smoke. Dang I thought, my lighter is out of fluid. Jump out of the shack and head to the pickup to use the cigarette lighter. I just happen to flick the lighter again and it lights right up...weird I thought. Another hour and a half goes by and I go to light another smoke. Lighter won't light...that's when the light bulb went on in me head. I quickly opened the door and sure enough the lighter fires up on the first flick. I don't know how much oxygen is needed for a lighter to work, but I'm guessing I was getting pretty close to the danger zone. Needless to say, I always make sure there is ample ventilation in any house I'm in from now on.</span></span></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="man in the box, post: 288679, member: 950"] I've told this story on here before, but better to be safe than sorry... [LEFT][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Have to add a story of how I almost messed up big time. About 20 years ago, I was on a little lake all to myself sitting in my Clam Jr. (the 4'x6') suitcase. Had the propane heater fired up and the lantern was on as well. Having a couple cold ones and listening to tunes, I went to fire up a smoke. Dang I thought, my lighter is out of fluid. Jump out of the shack and head to the pickup to use the cigarette lighter. I just happen to flick the lighter again and it lights right up...weird I thought. Another hour and a half goes by and I go to light another smoke. Lighter won't light...that's when the light bulb went on in me head. I quickly opened the door and sure enough the lighter fires up on the first flick. I don't know how much oxygen is needed for a lighter to work, but I'm guessing I was getting pretty close to the danger zone. Needless to say, I always make sure there is ample ventilation in any house I'm in from now on.[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT] [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: wslayer
Today at 6:08 PM
C
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: camper
Today at 5:32 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: 3Roosters
Today at 4:45 PM
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: Rowdie
Today at 4:23 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Today at 3:36 PM
ISO Vizsla pup
Latest: Yoby
Today at 3:17 PM
T
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: Traxion
Today at 1:40 PM
migration 26
Latest: 1lessdog
Today at 12:37 PM
Fall fishing?
Latest: sdwxman
Today at 8:43 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Today at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Today at 6:02 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Ham/Women
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Yesterday at 6:52 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 2:31 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: Davy Crockett
Sunday at 8:43 PM
T
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Twitch
Sunday at 7:24 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: wslayer
Sunday at 5:33 PM
Sale
STEINER Predator 12 x 50
Latest: 1lessdog
Saturday at 4:27 PM
A
Steak Knives?
Latest: Auggie
Saturday at 4:12 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:39 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
Looking for Mr Heater advice
Top
Bottom