Makes me wonder

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just about every day while reading the news I will see this message: "The spokesman spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about the issue." Really? If you're not authorized to speak, why are you speaking?

The latest I read it was a story about the train wreck in WA. Trying to determine what caused the accident. My guess is that a train traveling at 80mph in a 30mph zone might have had something to do with the accident. Not an expert, just a guess.

I know, the cause was an engineer that did not slow down for some reason. I'm sure they will find a reason in a few days and then you will have a reason. Until then the story is about the injured and those that died. I'll bet I can find another spokesman tomorrow that is not authorized to speak on another issue but will be speaking anyway.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know beans about it but this sticks out in my mind. "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't know beans about it but this sticks out in my mind. "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."
Should be changed to " Anything you say can and will be used against or for you in a court of law". Innocent until proved guilty does not apply.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been watching Live PD some on the weekends and explain to me how in heck they can put handcuffs on you when you are not under arrest they are just detaining you? How in heck is this legal? I am pro law enforcement but if you put the cuffs on me i had better be under arrest. I feel sorry for the officers but hey i just can't wrap my head around this one.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been watching Live PD some on the weekends and explain to me how in heck they can put handcuffs on you when you are not under arrest they are just detaining you? How in heck is this legal? I am pro law enforcement but if you put the cuffs on me i had better be under arrest. I feel sorry for the officers but hey i just can't wrap my head around this one.

I think its a precautionary measure while they are trying to figure things out. I was once "detained" while in college, it was the only time i was ever in cuffs. I knew i hadn't done anything wrong so i just stayed calm as they walked me to their car and asked me a few questions. Once they realized i just happened to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time, they released me to stumble home at 5:00 am.

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fully understand it is procautionary but can't believe it is legal.
I would come unglued mainly because any restraint on me and i go ballistic. Never bothered me until after my 2nd neck surgery. I bacame claustraphobic after my 3rd back surgery.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
In most cases if the lame stream media is using "anonymous" sources it's code for "we're making this shit up"

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was correct. Maybe it was too easy, an article about the same train wreck so they must have found the same person who had no authority to speak yesterday either.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 19