What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Fly Fishing
Meter Weekend
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Lando" data-source="post: 332846" data-attributes="member: 7546"><p>A meter is 39.37 inches. I know this because I watch a Swedish pike fishing show on Youtube called Fly vs. Jerk. The only other Euro measurement I know is that a kilo is 2.2 lbs......don't ask me how I know this.</p><p></p><p> Traditionally, Halloween weekend is when we start to see the big girls show up into the shallows so we can target them with the fly. The weather took a turn for the worst....or the better if you're a pike fisherman. </p><p></p><p>The first morning, fish were going nuts. The first three fish were all over 35"......until I hooked this girl. She was 39"-just shy of our goal.</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]50480[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]50479[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>Fishing was good up until around 2:00-after that we grinded out a few more fish. The day's total was 23 fish to the boat, plenty of follows, blow-ups, and fish that tossed the fly all too soon.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]50482[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]50483[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>The next morning, my buddy's dad joined us. We loaded up in his boat, but I asked if he had pliers or tools.....he said no, so I grabbed mine. I should have asked if he had a net.</p><p></p><p>Soon into the first bank's drift, my buddy came tight. She taped at 39 1/2".....just over a meter. Goal achieved. </p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]50481[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>We took the lead boat status, and soon after, his dad was hooked up. My buddy asked if I needed a net.......Yes, was my reply. As he was making his was over, she rolled over and I knew she was done. I took the chance to grab her-and I held on for dear life.</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]50484[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]50485[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>The fat girl went 41".......The rest of the day was rough. We eked out 11 fish for the boat, my buddy's boat netted two fish all day.</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]50486[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>I wonder why?</p><p></p><p>I had Monday off of work, so I figured we would hit the morning bite one more time. It sucked. We worked and worked for two eats each. </p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]50487[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>I landed only one fish.</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]50488[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p></p><p>....and he bit my ass.</p><p></p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]50489[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>Hopefully the weather can stay consistent for a few more weeks. I really would like to get down a few more times. I know there is 45" girl waiting to eat my offering.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Lando, post: 332846, member: 7546"] A meter is 39.37 inches. I know this because I watch a Swedish pike fishing show on Youtube called Fly vs. Jerk. The only other Euro measurement I know is that a kilo is 2.2 lbs......don't ask me how I know this. Traditionally, Halloween weekend is when we start to see the big girls show up into the shallows so we can target them with the fly. The weather took a turn for the worst....or the better if you're a pike fisherman. The first morning, fish were going nuts. The first three fish were all over 35"......until I hooked this girl. She was 39"-just shy of our goal. [ATTACH=CONFIG]50480._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]50479._xfImport[/ATTACH] Fishing was good up until around 2:00-after that we grinded out a few more fish. The day's total was 23 fish to the boat, plenty of follows, blow-ups, and fish that tossed the fly all too soon. [ATTACH=CONFIG]50482._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]50483._xfImport[/ATTACH] The next morning, my buddy's dad joined us. We loaded up in his boat, but I asked if he had pliers or tools.....he said no, so I grabbed mine. I should have asked if he had a net. Soon into the first bank's drift, my buddy came tight. She taped at 39 1/2".....just over a meter. Goal achieved. [ATTACH=CONFIG]50481._xfImport[/ATTACH] We took the lead boat status, and soon after, his dad was hooked up. My buddy asked if I needed a net.......Yes, was my reply. As he was making his was over, she rolled over and I knew she was done. I took the chance to grab her-and I held on for dear life. [ATTACH=CONFIG]50484._xfImport[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]50485._xfImport[/ATTACH] The fat girl went 41".......The rest of the day was rough. We eked out 11 fish for the boat, my buddy's boat netted two fish all day. [ATTACH=CONFIG]50486._xfImport[/ATTACH] I wonder why? I had Monday off of work, so I figured we would hit the morning bite one more time. It sucked. We worked and worked for two eats each. [ATTACH=CONFIG]50487._xfImport[/ATTACH] I landed only one fish. [ATTACH=CONFIG]50488._xfImport[/ATTACH] ....and he bit my ass. [ATTACH=CONFIG]50489._xfImport[/ATTACH] Hopefully the weather can stay consistent for a few more weeks. I really would like to get down a few more times. I know there is 45" girl waiting to eat my offering. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
6 minutes ago
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
50 minutes ago
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
50 minutes ago
Twins
Latest: risingsun
51 minutes ago
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
52 minutes ago
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
53 minutes ago
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
53 minutes ago
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
54 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:11 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:40 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: Jiffy
Today at 7:06 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Today at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Today at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Today at 5:58 PM
RAY AREA
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 4:52 PM
Pine Wilt
Latest: BrokenBackJack
Today at 4:32 PM
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: RyanN
Today at 2:02 PM
ND adventure.
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 12:44 PM
RR
Red River 9-2-26
Latest: greymantle93
Today at 11:25 AM
from Wyoming old guy
Latest: cobalt_badger
Today at 8:09 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Fly Fishing
Meter Weekend
Top
Bottom