What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
My first custom rifle
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Tikka280ai" data-source="post: 367281" data-attributes="member: 753"><p>With big 3 apps out I have been getting the itch to start working with this rifle to see just what it can do.</p><p></p><p>I took my trusty old Tikka t3 243 win. And turned it into a 280 ackley. </p><p>Build specs for those interested is as follows</p><p>Tikka t3 action</p><p>26 inch 1-8.4 twist proof research barrel</p><p>Grayboy Phoenix stock</p><p>Burris veracity 5-25x50</p><p>Mountain tactical/Tikka performance 1 peice scope rings/base, long action magazine, bolt handle and knob, and upgraded trigger spring.</p><p>Will also be running a banish 30 </p><p></p><p>If the weather ever breaks and I can get to my range I plan on starting out with some 154 hornady sst for break in and getting comfortable with the rifle.</p><p></p><p>I have been eyeing both hammer bullets and badlands bullets in the 140 grain class for hunting and would appreciate any feed back you guys may have on those bullets for deer and the possibility of elk and moose.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Tikka280ai, post: 367281, member: 753"] With big 3 apps out I have been getting the itch to start working with this rifle to see just what it can do. I took my trusty old Tikka t3 243 win. And turned it into a 280 ackley. Build specs for those interested is as follows Tikka t3 action 26 inch 1-8.4 twist proof research barrel Grayboy Phoenix stock Burris veracity 5-25x50 Mountain tactical/Tikka performance 1 peice scope rings/base, long action magazine, bolt handle and knob, and upgraded trigger spring. Will also be running a banish 30 If the weather ever breaks and I can get to my range I plan on starting out with some 154 hornady sst for break in and getting comfortable with the rifle. I have been eyeing both hammer bullets and badlands bullets in the 140 grain class for hunting and would appreciate any feed back you guys may have on those bullets for deer and the possibility of elk and moose. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
M
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: measure-it
A moment ago
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
39 minutes ago
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:11 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:08 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:06 AM
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
My first custom rifle
Top
Bottom