What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
My first custom rifle
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="NodakBob" data-source="post: 367526" data-attributes="member: 7874"><p>I shoot a Browning Abolt hunter in .280. 140 grain sierra's were my go-to deer load, cheap and effective. In my older age I want to be able to reach a bit further so I just loaded up a box of Hornandy ELDX 150 gr....haven't had a chance to chrono yet but should be about 2800 fps with my 22" 10:1 barrel. I tried 140 grain Bear Claw for elk...penciled it throught the lungs and went down in 80 yards without a blood trail...and couldn't get a decent group with those (but the host said bring em anyway, it'll be close shooting).</p><p>Tried 160 gr accubond but too slow with the old reloading books I had (the old books keep the pressure low for the early weak semi autos that were chambered in .280). A new Hornandy book had loads 3 grains higher than the old books.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="NodakBob, post: 367526, member: 7874"] I shoot a Browning Abolt hunter in .280. 140 grain sierra's were my go-to deer load, cheap and effective. In my older age I want to be able to reach a bit further so I just loaded up a box of Hornandy ELDX 150 gr....haven't had a chance to chrono yet but should be about 2800 fps with my 22" 10:1 barrel. I tried 140 grain Bear Claw for elk...penciled it throught the lungs and went down in 80 yards without a blood trail...and couldn't get a decent group with those (but the host said bring em anyway, it'll be close shooting). Tried 160 gr accubond but too slow with the old reloading books I had (the old books keep the pressure low for the early weak semi autos that were chambered in .280). A new Hornandy book had loads 3 grains higher than the old books. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
M
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: measure-it
A moment ago
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
39 minutes ago
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:11 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:08 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:06 AM
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
My first custom rifle
Top
Bottom