Navionics chip for Devils Lake

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I bought a Lowrance hook 7 for icefishing. I'm used to lakemaster chips but apparently that is only a humminbird deal now. (apparently I'm out of the loop) My lakemaster chip shows every lake in the dakotas including Devils Lake with 1' contours.

anyways what freaking chip do I need for Devils Lake that has 1' contours?

I bought the Navionics Regions chip and it says right on the box 1 ft HD contours. Well I put in the chip and nope, 5' contours for Devils Lake.

I have the Dr. Sonar chips for Devils and the Northern lakes but a contour map is nice a lot of times.

And I hope I can bring this damn chip back.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok turns out I'm an idiot, which I'm not afraid to admit. I needed to select the chip on the unit. I was just looking at the lowarance base gps map. All is good with the world again.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
How accurate are you finding navionics to be on devil's lake?

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you're asking me I have no clue. I can tell u after this weekend. I would assume/hope dead on. U have issues?

- - - Updated - - -

Or are you asking if everything is mapped?

there are numerous rock piles, dug outs, etc that aren't mapped on lakemaster. I'll be able to report back on that later

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have found that it's much easier to drive around and scout for snobears. When they move I just pull up to the holes where they were at. It's works good no slush in the holes to clean out , no heavy augers to drag out I usually get to use more then one rod at time, and i have a track to drive on which is great I rarely need to put my truck into four wheel. Those vortex diamondbacks can see a snobear from a mile away the best investment I ever made. Who needs lake chips when you can ice pirate for free. :icegif:
Also it's almost impossible to get break through the ice if you stay on established trail

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you're asking me I have no clue. I can tell u after this weekend. I would assume/hope dead on. U have issues?

- - - Updated - - -

Or are you asking if everything is mapped?

there are numerous rock piles, dug outs, etc that aren't mapped on lakemaster. I'll be able to report back on that later

All you need is Moon Bars:dance:

KirtH

Founding Member
Founding Member
What Navionics card did you get exactly? Make sure you update your card, especially the SonarChart layer data. You should have something like this. Devils Lake Devils 2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And this

- - - Updated - - -

And this Devils Lake shot003.jpg

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was more curious as to how the accurate the contours lines are to current pool level.

Thanks for the screenshots kirth. I will have to check my devil's lake card to see how it compares.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't even need gps to find moon bars. Im like a horse. I can find my way home

i wouldn't mind getting naked with Ahab and two other men and Keith stone in a 2 man flip over again

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
how do you like the Hook7? I see cabelas has them on sale for $300. Thinking about getting one and getting the Dr sonar chip for irvine/alice/dry. Or is there a better option to get mapping for these lakes? I run a HB in the boat but I hear dr sonar chips wont work in that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88