NDGF is getting tech savvy

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I downloaded the app this morning. I commend the NDGF for everything they do with technology and making information accessible.

The app in it's current state doesn't add much if anything compared to the website but it's a nice platform to build on and I'm sure it will become more useful in time. Once logged in with your usual credentials, licenses and tag information is available in the app. All the other features I explored simply redirect to the same page you'd find through the website.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does it have the ability to real time GPS track game wardens who are active in any particular area? If not it seems like it would be good functionality to add!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They’ll track if your going on electronically closed land to hunt 🤣

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
1677180272708.png

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_5790.jpg

I like it, it says my archery tag is active and good until the end of March!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

I wonder if it's defaulting to that because of archery only depredation tags?

I know an area I've had a depredation tag before in an area you were allowed to bowhunt until the end of January, but I don't know of any locations open to bowhunting through March.

Or, Occam's Razor would just suggest it's a glitch in the matrix.

Edit: I got it on good authority that it just defaults to March 31 as that's the date of expiration for the Certificate.

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Weill, i tried to go in but as usual i have no grandkids to do it for me. But that's ok. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Years ago, when i was young i was visiting with a game warden. We got to talking about mounts and the work of various taxidermies. I said come on over and i will show you his work and you can judge for yourself. Plus, i was proud of what i had and wanted to show him.

I soon found out what is illegal and that one never knew. Like finding a deer skull out in the woods and having it laying in your garage (wrong), maybe the wrong kind of feather the kid picked up off the ground and having it laying in his room (wrong), ect. Never again. db

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see one day the ndgf require a geotag for all harvested game in north dakota, I suppose it could be an optional thing for some to help the ndgf keep track of yearly success rates in each game specific units. Most people who take pictures of their game have basically already have done it, since when you take a picture the gps coordinates are already tagged to the picture. It can be turned of of course but most people aren't out to screw anyone over just taking a picture to remember the moment in one's life.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 50
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17