What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Optimax Issues
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="GET THE NET" data-source="post: 322180" data-attributes="member: 5182"><p>Any Optimax Gurus on here?</p><p>I have a 2006 200 HP Optimax. Less than 250 hours on it. </p><p>On Saturday I got the boat in the water for the 1st time this year. I did start it in the yard a couple weeks ago with the muffs and it started right up and idled fine. Put the boat in Saturday and it started right up again. Idled great will I waited for my partner to park the truck. We weren't fishing far from the ramp so I didn't open it up and get up on plane. We fished for a while then decided to go up river. Started the motor and pushed the throttle and it wouldn't get out of hole. It wouldn't get above 2500 RPM. Wasn't sputtering or anything, it just seemed bogged down. But after a minute or 2 it would try to rev up but then it would stay right around 2500 RPM. And I'm not 100% sure it was right at that exact RPM I'm just guessing. I put it in neutral and it would rev up just fine. So I put it back in gear and it did the same thing. I couldn't get up on plane. I plowed water for a while then all of the sudden she took off and I shot out of the hole like normal. I cruised for a couple 100 yards and then stopped and tried again. It was bogged down again but then took off and ran fine. I had to get going home so I couldn't keep running and I'm sure I was pissing some people off so I apologize if I rocked your boat. I always run premium gasoline and the gas wasn't that old. I think I topped it off in December or January. I did put Stabil in when I put it away last season but I didn't run the engine afterwards which I usually do but it was too cold outside. </p><p>Could it be a fuel issue? I would think it would run rough at idle too. I need to get back out and run it some more and see if it will straighten out. Thought I'd check on here to see if anyone had experience with Optis.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="GET THE NET, post: 322180, member: 5182"] Any Optimax Gurus on here? I have a 2006 200 HP Optimax. Less than 250 hours on it. On Saturday I got the boat in the water for the 1st time this year. I did start it in the yard a couple weeks ago with the muffs and it started right up and idled fine. Put the boat in Saturday and it started right up again. Idled great will I waited for my partner to park the truck. We weren't fishing far from the ramp so I didn't open it up and get up on plane. We fished for a while then decided to go up river. Started the motor and pushed the throttle and it wouldn't get out of hole. It wouldn't get above 2500 RPM. Wasn't sputtering or anything, it just seemed bogged down. But after a minute or 2 it would try to rev up but then it would stay right around 2500 RPM. And I'm not 100% sure it was right at that exact RPM I'm just guessing. I put it in neutral and it would rev up just fine. So I put it back in gear and it did the same thing. I couldn't get up on plane. I plowed water for a while then all of the sudden she took off and I shot out of the hole like normal. I cruised for a couple 100 yards and then stopped and tried again. It was bogged down again but then took off and ran fine. I had to get going home so I couldn't keep running and I'm sure I was pissing some people off so I apologize if I rocked your boat. I always run premium gasoline and the gas wasn't that old. I think I topped it off in December or January. I did put Stabil in when I put it away last season but I didn't run the engine afterwards which I usually do but it was too cold outside. Could it be a fuel issue? I would think it would run rough at idle too. I need to get back out and run it some more and see if it will straighten out. Thought I'd check on here to see if anyone had experience with Optis. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
5 minutes ago
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
49 minutes ago
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
50 minutes ago
Twins
Latest: risingsun
50 minutes ago
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
51 minutes ago
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
52 minutes ago
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
52 minutes ago
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
53 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:11 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:40 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: Jiffy
Today at 7:06 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Today at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Today at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Today at 5:58 PM
RAY AREA
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 4:52 PM
Pine Wilt
Latest: BrokenBackJack
Today at 4:32 PM
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: RyanN
Today at 2:02 PM
ND adventure.
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 12:44 PM
RR
Red River 9-2-26
Latest: greymantle93
Today at 11:25 AM
from Wyoming old guy
Latest: cobalt_badger
Today at 8:09 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Optimax Issues
Top
Bottom